Jbj rimless 30 gal

SilverWolf229

Non-member
Made a leap today from my 14 gal Bio Cube to a JBJ 30 gal rimless with leds! I like the footprint as its wider than taller. Has 2 return pumps instead of the usual one. Not too sure about the light yet. Already thinking of upgrading to a better light. I like the look and color of the Maxpect Razor 16000k. I have moved my sandbead and live rock over to the JBJ. Waiting for it to clear up before I add anything else. Looking good so far. Plenty of room for everything Im thinking of putting in the tank pluss will be more stable than the "14" gallon biocube (after sand, liverock it only took 10 gallons) Pics to come

Update:

Now that I found out how to post pics I can start from set up to now, about a month process. Started with the bio cube and moved everything to the JBJ.

013.jpg
015.jpg
008.jpg

So I came home from work to find 4 leds out and half of the white blinking on and off .:( Contacted JBJ and waiting for an RMA. what a bummer......

does that yellow clown goby bother any of ur stuff ? mine wont leave my acans and favia alone keeps nipping at them =(

not at all, he has claimed the digi as his spot in the tank. about 90% he is perched there.

Can anyone recommend another light? cant decide if I want to stay with the leds, was thinking of maby a 6-t5 fixture. I would really love a Hydra but still on the fence on it.

Looks good, bummer about the light.

You might be able to put some strip LEDs in there to adjust your spectrum.

it ticks me off at both tropic isle for making me buy the light tank combo to get the stand free and JBJ for dropping the ball as far as quality goes. does anyone have the AI nano light? kinda thinking it would be too small for my tank. I have it on a timer and when the main lights go out it flickers then goes out. but I did sign on the dotted line and made the choice...

it ticks me off at both tropic isle for making me buy the light tank combo to get the stand free and JBJ for dropping the ball as far as quality goes. does anyone have the AI nano light? kinda thinking it would be too small for my tank. I have it on a timer and when the main lights go out it flickers then goes out. but I did sign on the dotted line and made the choice...

Did JBJ not replace the light for you? Just curious how their customer service is as I have been eyeing up the same tank for a little while now but was planning on going with a different light.

Tank looks sweet by the way.

I cut my losses on the light. Between Tropic Isle and JBJ run around I gave up. Im running An AI Hydra and love it. Good tank all around

Back