Kensfish in Taunton, MA

redpaulhus

Who's Paul ? :)
I can't say enough good stuff about Kens Fish - http://www.kensfish.com/ - While a large % of his stock is "freshwater" supplies, he also carries alot of saltwater stuff, including his own brand of flake foods, brine shrimp eggs, fish bags, etc.

Plus, since he's in Taunton, MA, shipping is very reasonable.

I have to agree. He also sells stuff that isn't on his web site. I bought a 40lb. of Carib Sea for $25.00! That's his regular price too. I've ordered a few things from him and it seems to be the cheapest price around. I live close enough that I just pick it up. Saves me money on shipping.

Scuba_Dave said:
2 Stores in Taunton.....I need one close to me

Ken's more an e-tailer than a store, and shipping from there to anywhere around Boston would be cheap and fast IMO...

there are a few stores in taunton that i know of s.w.reef on rt 44 near city hall .underwaterworld at the galleria mall.pet supply plus on rt 44 actually thats raynham but close by

I just received another order from Ken's Fish -- Great products, Great Service, and Great Prices !

I ordered late Sunday night, the order shipped (UPS) on Monday, and was there when I got home Tuesday.

Examples of the good deals I got are:
Veggie Flake food - 8 oz for $4 (that's 4 times the size of the larger Omega One veggie flake can, or the Formula Two canister).
The ingredients are very similar to the HBH Graze flake food.
(I've still got at least 5 oz of his PLANKTON/KRILL/SPIRULINA flake left from January, which I'm going to mix the veggie flake with for my reef tank)

Freeze Dried E. pacifica plankton - 4 oz for $5.50 -- a quarter lb of these is a huge bag !
I'm going to be using these as a vitamin delivery system - they soak up selcon and/or vitamin mixes like a sponge and are generally eagerly eaten.

As some of you know, I've got Freshwater and Marine tanks, so not everything I got was for my reefs :D

Ken's brand filter carts for Emperor filter - $1.50 each :D
Ken's brand sponge for Aquaclear 500 filters - $3 each
Airline tubing - 50ft - about $3

Food for my big FW fish -
Floating pellets for my jumbo Oscar - 1lb for about $4.50
Sinking moist krill pellets (similar to HBH Soft&Moist brand) - 1lb for about $6
Sinking algae wafers for plecos - 1lb for about $8
And lastly - sinking "sticks" - 8oz veggie for $4.50 and 8oz earthworm for $4.50

All foods came in vacuum sealed bags, and were well packed. Ingredients are listed on each package, as well as on the website.

I transfer small amounts of the foods to old fishfood cans (to keep handy in the fishroom and near the living room tank), and then put the rest in ziplock bags in my fish fridge.

(and no, this isn't all I feed. My fish get lots and lots of frozen foods, both "whole" foods and blends, and my FW fish get lots of freshly cultured live foods (whiteworms, daphnia, microworms, vinegar eels, brineshrimp, squito larvae, earthworms, and blackworms ) as well as nori etc etc. )

Back