Lettuce Nudibranch - Experience? Locations?

STiTCH87

Saltwater OCD Victim
This is not a WTB and thus why I won't post it there, but was wondering if anyone has personal experience with lettuce nudibranchs? I really like them, and while I did find them from the fact they eat bryopsis, and while I have a minor growth, I really would like to try and keep one long term. Any success? Anyone know where to find one other than online? I've heard of people feeding them nori and other marine algae with success but I can't find anything on if it worked long term. If it got rid of the little bryopsis I have that would be a plus also since I don't really want to go the Tech M route since I dose ESV Bionic 2part and want to avoid kicking anything out of whack, not to mention the inverts that could die as a result of high Mag. I have kept sarcoglossan elysia with success (still have 3 or 4 babies) but they don't usually last more than a month or so in captivity for me, but do readily produce which is nice.

I have had them in the past, not super long lived as I recall 8 months or so, on two occasions they produced babies that survived.

Jim

I have had them in the past, not super long lived as I recall 8 months or so, on two occasions they produced babies that survived.

Jim

By survived, do you mean the babies also lived about 8 months? May I ask where you found them?

By survived, do you mean the babies also lived about 8 months? May I ask where you found them?

It was maybe ten years ago since I had them at that time I shopped at CRA for some things like that, could be I got them their. The babies lived a matter of months I recall they grew to near adult size.

Jim

I have had them spawn and kept many of them. This article was published about them by me.
http://breedersregistry.org/maquacu...-slug-spawning-in-a-100-gallon-reef-aquarium/

They all came from this beauty.

Thank you! I couldn't of asked for a better response to this thread!

Now to task myself with finding one. I've contacted every resource I have already and nobody has them except 2 online retailers i'd rater avoid as I don't need any other fish/corals right now.

If you happen to be in Boston one evening next week, I was likely going to place an order to reeftopia to get a few flower anemones and one of these. You could go in on the order. I have ordered from them before, always been happy with everything.

If you happen to be in Boston one evening next week, I was likely going to place an order to reeftopia to get a few flower anemones and one of these. You could go in on the order. I have ordered from them before, always been happy with everything.

I greatly appreciate the offer, however I very rarely go to the Boston area (i am in southcoast so if anything I usually go further south/east.)

I bought one once. It had trouble in the flow of my tank and didn't live long. Id recommend them for lower flow tanks. I had bryopsis in my QT tank (it never made the display!) I did the mag treatment and it worked.

Back