Loctite super glue Gel control

stingythingy45

BRS Member
This stuff doesn't work outside the tank let alone inside or underwater.
I tried gluing plastic,glass...held it for a long time and just broke apart with ease.Either I got a bad lot or this product has been cheapened up.
Bonds in seconds....NOT!:mad:

This stuff doesn't work outside the tank let alone inside or underwater.
I tried gluing plastic,glass...held it for a long time and just broke apart with ease.Either I got a bad lot or this product has been cheapened up.
Bonds in seconds....NOT!:mad:

Dude that is the funniest thing. This is the strangest hobby ever. The reason I say that is that of all the Super Glue Gels out there the Loctite SGG is the ONLY one that works the way I want it to outside and inside the water.

Even right down to the glue everybody's tank thing is totally different.

What are you trying to glue down? If it's Rics then nothing really works outside the float them in the Tupperware and rick rubble trick.

Dude that is the funniest thing. This is the strangest hobby ever. The reason I say that is that of all the Super Glue Gels out there the Loctite SGG is the ONLY one that works the way I want it to outside and inside the water.

Even right down to the glue everybody's tank thing is totally different.

What are you trying to glue down? If it's Rics then nothing really works outside the float them in the Tupperware and rick rubble trick.
Same here, I LOVE the Loctite stuff... maybe a bad batch?

Well,I'm telling you that this particular tube does nothing.
I glued a piece of glass that broke(antler on a small glass dear) and it fell right off.....and I mean fell off.So I tried a plastic piece that had broken on my daughter's toy horse(the leg).I might as well have used water.I mean,I've used super glue in the past.And it's worked pretty good.Obviously this lot has something wrong with it or they've changed something.
Oh....it did glue my finger tip a little to my nail.

Well the fact that your fingers get glued to everything is a given per Mr Murphy. :D

I just took one of this stick pins with the plastic ball on the end and tried to glue it to a marker.......nothing.....fell off.
I actually cleaned the glue off with a paper towel and it didn't even stick any paper towel to it.I'm going to save this bottle.There has to be something wrong with it.

fyi

they are 18 bucks but you get 50 times the amount of the tiny tubes...

I've got a few of the 18.00 tubes for trade...

Can you buy that locally?
Here's the stuff I bought.
I swear that control is a lot of BS also.
I'm no weak guy and it takes a lot of pressure to get some out of the darn tube.Maybe a pair of pliers might help.lol

"Super Glue" whether it be loctite or any other brand does not glue glass or plastic very well. I think it even says it on the package.

The reason I say that is that of all the Super Glue Gels out there the Loctite SGG is the ONLY one that works the way I want it to outside and inside the water.

Ditto. I tried some Super Glue brand gel the other day and it's no where near as good as Loc-tite. Strange.

"Super Glue" whether it be loctite or any other brand does not glue glass or plastic very well. I think it even says it on the package.

This isn't the same stuff I remember back 10 yrs. ago.
You could take just about anything and glue it down within seconds.
Some dope must have glued his finger up his nose and sued or something.:p
It's nowhere near what it used to be.

Back