Long time NH lurker finally introducing myself

Jay-sun

Non-member
Hey all,
My name is Jason. I live in Ctr. Ossipee NH. Been lurking here for quite a while. Have spent alot of time reading many different threads. Some great info here and some really nice tank set ups. Im pretty quiet and keep to myself in person as well as on the forums for the most part. Trying to change that and get more involved.
I have been into marine tanks since I was like 8 years old. My neighbors back in Malden Ma. where I come from had an awesome set up. They were into diving and brought alot of stuff back from their dives for their tank. My dad set up a 55 gallon fish only tank when I was about 10. He had pretty good luck with it. We moved to NH when I was 13. We didnt have any tanks set up until I turned 16. At that time my dad set up another 125 fish only tank and I a 75 fish only tank. My dad and I attempted our first reef tank about a year after setting up the 125 and my 75. It was a 55 AGA and our first tank with a sump. We had really good luck with it. The tank didnt require alot of maintenance as far as algae scraping and such. Suffered very few loses. We were pretty proud. Kept these tanks set up till I moved out of the house after graduating. At that time I took down my 75 and my dad kept his 125 and the 55 going. I got my own place and set the 75 up as a reef tank and started a new 125 fish only tank. By this time we had discovered Little shop of Pets in Portsmouth NH. Back when it was a really beautiful marine store. I filled up the 75 and then decided to make the 125 a reef as well. Kept those 2 tanks up and running for several years and then work got in the way so I tore them both down. My father got burned out as well and tore down the 55 and kept just the 125. To this day the 125 is still going strong and over the past couple years we have gotten into the nanos. He has one 39 gallon CAD nano set up now as a mixed reef. I have a 39 gallon CAD, a 34 gallon CAD and a 34 RSM at the moment and in the process of getting a custom acrylic tank with these dimensions 48"LX18"WX15"H. I am going to keep just one nano and the new tank and I am also in the process of setting up a 24"cube X 10" high frag tank. Hope to have the frag tank completed and running this weekend. The other custom tank has turned into a nightmare. The shipping companies have done a number on the 2 tanks now. Broke them both. So I am hoping the 3rd time is a charm. Fingers crossed!!!

Well I surely rambled enough. Any other questions for me feel free to ask. Im a pretty laid back guy. I like to DIY and tinker with the tanks as much as I do stocking them and watching the livestock thrive.

For any who take the time to read this thank you and look forward to getting to know ya all better.

Jason

:w Jason.

Sounds like you have a good grasp on things.
I spend a lot of my weekends in the Ossipee Area, Freedom, NH to be exact. LMK if you need something and I will try to be of assistance when I am in the area.

to BRS! Best of luck with your tanks - I will keep my fingers crossed that your next delivery arrives in pristine condition. Post pics when you get a chance!

Hey guys and girls,
Thanx for the welcome.

I have to work on the picture thing. Im terrible about taking pictures. I got a Sony DSC-H9 for Christmas just for the purpose of learning how to use it and take pictures of my tanks. Ive been messing with it some here and there. Trying to learn how to use the manual settings more.

Jennifer you will have to stop by and check out the tanks once I get this new one here and set up. Appreciate the offer for help as well.

Hey Palyanna where in Weymouth are you located. My boss lives down there and his daughter owns an ice cream shop and coffee shop. Dusk till Dawn I believe is the name of it.

Thanx again for the welcome.

Jason

Hey guys and girls,
Thanx for the welcome.

I have to work on the picture thing. Im terrible about taking pictures. I got a Sony DSC-H9 for Christmas just for the purpose of learning how to use it and take pictures of my tanks. Ive been messing with it some here and there. Trying to learn how to use the manual settings more.

Jennifer you will have to stop by and check out the tanks once I get this new one here and set up. Appreciate the offer for help as well.

Hey Palyanna where in Weymouth are you located. My boss lives down there and his daughter owns an ice cream shop and coffee shop. Dusk till Dawn I believe is the name of it.

Jason

Jason - I know "Dusk Til Dawn" - it's right down the street from me. I've been there many times for ice cream. Yum!

Jason

Would love to see the set-up. I am going to be up there this weekend for the 4th. I can not wait to watch the fireworks from independence park. I was thinking about watching them from the boat but that gets to be scary when everyone tries to get off of the lake after the show. :D

Hey Jennifer,
With any luck the new tank will be here tomorrow in one piece. Coming Fed-Ex this time. I have had pretty good luck with Fed-Ex and fragile deliveries. I have my fingers crossed and I hope to be setting this up over the next few days.
For a small town we usually have a pretty decent fireworks show. I used to do the watch from the boat thing. Complete Madness!! Then I went and watched from the park for a few years. The last couple of years a group of us have been riding our 4 wheelers up on top of a mountain out behind my house. Its a granite pit and its a heck of a view. No traffic to deal with getting outta of the park or off the water!!
This year my G/F and I are heading to Maine for the long weekend. Should be a good time if the weather cooperates. Not looking so good at this point.

Now for an update on the frag tank. I just finally got around to setting it up today. I have it about half full of water and have more running throught the purifier now. Hope to have it full by morning.

With any luck if the new 56 gallon tank gets here tomorrow in one piece I will begin setting it up tomorrow. I have had the Marco's rocks in rubbermaid tubs going on 2 1/2 months now. Also the sand has been cycling in a rubbermaid tub and some of the sand will be coming out of one of my nano's and going in the new tank.

Thanx for the welcome mental1.

More to come.

Jason

Back