Made the jump

kev_sport

BRS Member
Finally made the jump into salt after running planted freshwater tanks for years.

Setting up first tank. Red Sea desktop cube. All I have space for in the house. Almost completed the fishless cycling. Looking forward to adding some life (beyond bacteria) !

Appreciate all the wonderful knowledge available on the forums.

Finally made the jump into salt after running planted freshwater tanks for years.

Setting up first tank. Red Sea desktop cube. All I have space for in the house. Almost completed the fishless cycling. Looking forward to adding some life (beyond bacteria) !

Appreciate all the wonderful knowledge available on the forums.
Welcome

Welcome!

Best advice I can offer especially for at least the first year keep it simple. By that I mean daily top offs/an ato and weekly water changes is really all you will need. I personally don’t test anything anymore, just make sure my salinity is on point. Sometimes especially on newer tanks trying to apply all the new tech, gadgets, dosing of elements/kalk, trying every single thing that someone says on the internet ends up just setting your tank further back. My tanks are now coming in to stride I feel and have never looked as good and that’s with just top offs and 10% weekly water changes. As things mature further that may change but for now I love this approach it’s quick and easy for me.

Welcome to the salty side. That small tank will grow I guarantee. We have all been there. Looking forward to seeing photos as you progress.

Back