Magnesium Chloride-Pooled Order $12 a bag!!

OK Keith , no problem.

I'm picking up/storing for:
3 PHreef
3 rtc_reefer
2 rharlow
2 nhbloke
1 Kevin McG
2 G.T
1 clamm
2 Reefdom
1 merk1_99
1 RobB
2 Ifferfish

That's all I can fit in my truck for one trip to my house. If anyone else needs me to pickup/store I can make a second trip, no problem.

Hi everyone,
I just got word from the shipper, the mag has been picked up and will be delivered on Tuesday 1/3/06 sometime before noon. The two pallets will be delivered and stored in a warehouse until moved for distribution to members. (Remember, it can't be picked up at the delivery point).

Those volunteers that are picking up/storing for other members, please PM me a list of people your getting for and the quantity. I will PM you anyway to make sure you get the message.

I will be getting 20 bags to bring to my place on Tues, but pickup can be done on a couple different days if necessary to help with scheduling.

Anyone that doesn't have a volunteer picking up for them, please post here so I can make sure your mag gets to your area, if not directly to you.

Pat pickup for me from your place could be tuesday evening or wednesday evening. Thankyou your effort is appreciated.

Zear0 (4 bags)
Reefdude (6 bags)
Nichols41 (4 bags)

I'll be picking up for the ones list above. Tuesday night works for me..

PHreef said:
Hi everyone,
I just got word from the shipper, the mag has been picked up and will be delivered on Tuesday 1/3/06 sometime before noon. The two pallets will be delivered and stored in a warehouse until moved for distribution to members. (Remember, it can't be picked up at the delivery point).

Those volunteers that are picking up/storing for other members, please PM me a list of people your getting for and the quantity. I will PM you anyway to make sure you get the message.

I will be getting 20 bags to bring to my place on Tues, but pickup can be done on a couple different days if necessary to help with scheduling.

Anyone that doesn't have a volunteer picking up for them, please post here so I can make sure your mag gets to your area, if not directly to you.

Some new info, I just found out the mag has already been delivered.

So I will be moving some on Monday during the day if some of the volunteers want to meet with me then.

I'll also be meeting volunteers on Tuesday evening from 4:30 on. PM for the address.

Last edited:
do I need mag? $12 for 55lb sounds great not that I have ever shopped for it. but I will buy a bag if it would be beneficial to my set up. Please fill me in on uses and benefits of mag.

ltelus said:
i have to work monday:mad:

Sorry man:(

110oceanic, see the very first post in this thread. There are links to other threads with all the info. All bags are spoken for at the moment, but maybe someone with extra can help you out. If not, let me know and I'll hook you up with 10 or 15 lbs from one of my bags.:)

thanks I will research and let you know If and how much I would need.

PHreef said:
Sorry man:(

110oceanic, see the very first post in this thread. There are links to other threads with all the info. All bags are spoken for at the moment, but maybe someone with extra can help you out. If not, let me know and I'll hook you up with 10 or 15 lbs from one of my bags.:)

Patrick ,
I got your Pm and scanned back through this ....but where is pick up ?

My current pickup plan:

Greg (me) 5 bags
Howman - 2
Shallowwaters - 2
Reefermedic - 3

12 total.

Moe_K said:
Anyone from MetroWest picking up their Mg that wouldn't mind taking my one bag? :D

If I'm not mistaken Moe, Richard is getting yours.

Thanks Everyone!!

This buy is just about complete. I just have to reschedule the last pickup day for two members because of weather.

I would like to thank all those involved! This pooled order went surprisingly smooth considering all the things that almost went wrong:rolleyes:

I would especially like to thank the following.

Greg Hiller for giving me the contact information, advice, and for volunteering to store a large portion of the buy for members in his area.

My brother Jim (Ltec69) for working out the delivery location and physically handling each of the 80 bags! (Yeah, our arms are a little soar)

Greg (delta) for volunteering to pickup and store a quarter of the shipment for members in his area. That was a huge help!

reefdude (Brandon) and Skinpuppi (Robert) for picking up and storing.

Nikkoli110 (Nikki) and her familys shipping company Jewelers Shipping Association in Cranston RI, for the ridiculously low shipping price that made this buy so inexpensive!!!

And to all those that offered physical help or commercial delivery locations. It is greatly appreciated!

I'd also like to thank all the members that participated for a smooth second try(obviosly the first was a mess, on my part;) ) Communication was great and payment went quickly!

And last but NOT least, Joe Fitz and all the moderators for making this site available and making it possible to organize a project like this. As well as everyone that volunteers to keep the Boston Reefers Society going!

Thanks everyone!!

thanks

thanks again Pat you did a great job on this and it is much appreciated.I should be good on mag for a while:) .Thanks to Greg also for picking up for me due to the fact my employer made me work on monday while everyone else was having a nice day off.

Hey group,
If anybody has any extra magnesium chloride hexahydrate
that they would like to sell please let me know. I was asleep during the group buy.:rolleyes:
-Brian

Back