Manifold ?

don in mass

Non-member
HELLO should i build the manifold from the pump with 2 lines to my returns or should i build from my return lines to the pump with 1 line thanks to all replys don

Hi Don,

I think we need a bit more info about your system. Perhaps a plumbing diagram.

Typically you have just one return line to the tank, if you want you can split it just below the tank and run it to 2 lines into the tank.

Hello and thanks for the reply back i'm setting up a 215 gallon oceanic with dual overflows with 2 3/4 inch returns my pump is a 70 blueline my ? is should i build right off the pump {manifold} with 2 lines going to the returns or should i build down from my returns tee it off and run one 1 inch line to the pump. thanks don

I have a 180 with a simmilar set up. I run one return up from the pump (1 1/2) into a device called a SCWD that send the return to each of the 2 overflows.

http://www.marinedepot.com/SCWD_Wave...FIWMEW-vi.html

Depending on how much lower the return pump is than the display I would use a larger size than 2/4 to go up to the tank. Then you can split it off and reduce it to 3/4''. THis will help reduce the restrictions from lifting the water up to the display and reduce the loss of flow.

Back