May DIY Meeting - Taunton VFW Sat May 26th

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
Do It Yourself Meeting!!!

The next BRS meeting will be held Saturday May 26th at the Taunton VFW 82 Ingell St Taunton, MA 02780

We've got some great DIY projects lined up for next month's meeting. Come learn new things without risking messing up your stuff :D

Some of the great projects we're working on is showing how the BRS test kits works (might be able to test your own water for free :p) how to use the BRS light meter, a DIY workshop on rockwork structures and an acrylic workshop.

Tentative schedule for the meeting (this schedule may change, check back to this thread for updates as we get closer to the day of the meeting):

12noon - 12:30pm - Meet and greet, new members registration - folks milling about chatting about their tanks -

12:00pm – 12:30pm – DIY station set ups

12:30pm – 2:00pm - DIY mayhem

2:00pm - 2:15pm -Food

2:15-4:00pm – DIY mayhem continues

Reminder: we try our best to keep the meeting on time, but there are a lot of things that are out of our control, so the times are subject to change, do not take these times as gospel please. Check back to this thread for updates as we get closer to the day of the meeting.

So, again the details:

Where:
Taunton VFW
82 Ingell St
Taunton, MA 02780

When: Saturday May 26th 2012
Time: 12 - 4 PM

We've also decided to hold a tank drilling workshop... Come learn how to drill a tank without the fear or ruining your own tank... If anybody has spare tanks sitting around feel free to bring them. Maybe we can even show people how much fun it is to drill tempered glass lol...

This will be the first time attending a meeting, I've purchased a membership but haven't received my card yet. Do we need to signup anywhere or just show up?

man. it's been so long since i been to a meeting and this workshop sounds so good. I'm especially interested in the rock sculpture workshop. I may just see you all there :)

man. it's been so long since i been to a meeting and this workshop sounds so good. I'm especially interested in the rock sculpture workshop. I may just see you all there :)

Where have you been Ant? It'll be good to see you at another meeting.

First round's on me.

Have you been wanting to buy a top down viewer for your tank? For a fraction of the cost, we'll show you how to make one at the meeting.

There wil be enough supplies to make around 10 top down viewers, which will then be raffled off at the meeting.

Top Down Viewer.jpg

Our own acrylic guru, John K, will also be there to answer your questions about working with acrylic. So bring on the questions ;):rolleyes:

We've also decided to hold a tank drilling workshop... Come learn how to drill a tank without the fear or ruining your own tank... If anybody has spare tanks sitting around feel free to bring them. Maybe we can even show people how much fun it is to drill tempered glass lol...

I have my new 54 corner tank that I need drilled. If I bring it, can we drill it?

I have my new 54 corner tank that I need drilled. If I bring it, can we drill it?

The bottom is most likely tempered, so it would have to be drilled on one of the flat back panes. If that works for you, then yes we probably could drill it for you.

I want to win one of those top down viewer.:cool:.. I'm skipping the in-laws party for the meeting, So I hope to see a bunch of you there.

We are doing a aquascape DIY project and after we are going to raffle it of. It will be done with 50# of marco figi dry rock. I will post some pics of the rock shortly.

Back