Meat Night - January 9th

stevenp

(not so) Young MC
Meat Night will be held on Saturday, January 9th at 3pm in Barre, MA. The exact address will be posted after the holidays. In the meantime we ask that interested parties clear their calendars and take a few minutes to review the following mission statement and guidelines for Meat Night:

MNCOA Mission Statement:
Since the beginning of recorded history mankind has been hunting and gathering. In early societies hunting and trapping meant the difference between eating or starving, the difference between spawning a successful lineage or winding up a dead end in the evolutionary gene pool.

Today an elite group of Men have come together to share their passion for cooking over open flame. They have combined their visionary ideas about barbecuing and created an outdoor arena in which to celebrate their ancestors fight for survival. All who attend this magical event shall bear witness, and the feats of these legendary culinary masters shall live forever in the annals of history. Behold, Meat Night!

Guidelines:
Meat Night is a 100% outdoor event*. Trips into the house to warm up are signs of weakness and poor planning so dress appropriately (bibs/snowpants, cold weather boots etc).

All attendees are encouraged to bring interesting Meats. Hot dogs and hamburgers are strictly forbidden at Meat Night. Freshly made sausages, marinated Meats and even seafood are all welcomed.

Attendees are also encouraged to bring items for our twin deep fryers. Meat and non-Meat items are both acceptable. Think “finger foods”.

Meat Night is BYOB (remember, it’s going to be cold so a flask of something to nip on isn’t a bad idea).

Bring lawn chairs if you have them.

Finally, the BOD has decided that bitching about politics will be banned from Meat Night.

*while Meat Night is a 100% outdoor event for men, it is generally an indoor event for women. They will be doing their own thing indoors so wives/girlfriends are more than welcome to attend.

Looking forward to it, I still got to get me a pair of snow pants!

Looking forward to seeing the new house.

How about pig - the special chauvinistic kind?

Just a joke guys........ :rolleyes: I applaud you embracing your ancient genetic traits!!!!

*while Meat Night is a 100% outdoor event for men, it is generally an indoor event for women. They will be doing their own thing indoors so wives/girlfriends are more than welcome to attend.

Well i just lost interest.... You had me till i read the fine print. :mad:
Michelle

Michelle

Anyone that can brave the cold is welcome outside. In the past however, our significant others have thought us to be a bit crazy for standing out in the cold. That is the reason for the disclaimer, because we don't want to discriminate against anyone from attending.

Hmm I might have to attend this!! I have some ground kangaroo, ostrage patties, alligator fillets and even some frog legs in my freezer......does that qualify as interesting???

Going to be in Florida that week and not sure when we will be home

Will there be sledgehammers to hit concrete with and wood to split? Maybe something to build out of testosterone and brawn? If so, I am totally there.

How about pig - the special chauvinistic kind?

Just a joke guys........ :rolleyes: I applaud you embracing your ancient genetic traits!!!!

Thanks for seeing the humor :). Stop on by if you're free that day.

Michelle

Sorry you interpreted it that way. Like Mike said, all are welcome. At past Meat Nights the girls would usually choose to hang out in the warm house and wait for us to bring plate after plate of Meat to them. They were always welcome to chill with us by the fire but opted not to because of the cold.

Anyone have the guts to try / Prepare Fugu? :D

Scott

I have no idea what it is, but I will try it.

Hmm I might have to attend this!! I have some ground kangaroo, ostrage patties, alligator fillets and even some frog legs in my freezer......does that qualify as interesting???

Going to be in Florida that week and not sure when we will be home

You may receive an award from the MNCOA if you bring what you're talking about.

Will there be sledgehammers to hit concrete with and wood to split? Maybe something to build out of testosterone and brawn? If so, I am totally there.

There will be fire, and a tractor with a plow. If we can't burn it we'll break it, or vice versa.

Last edited:
There will be fire, and a tractor with a plow. If we can't burn it we'll break it, or vice versa.

And maybe we won't have to worry about the power lines over the fire pit! We'll get to see how big a fire we can really get going:D

we will be driving home from Florida at the end of the week so make sure you guys send me an email or a PM with the details because I am sure I wont be following anything on here the 2 weeks prior :)

we did ones of these meat nights at my cousins house in Oct (well it was during the day for football) and had some other crazy stuff even buffalo heart (not bad tasting) the only thing I didnt try were the rocky mountain oysters (and NO these are not from the ocean or any water body for that matter)

Banned items!

Tofu, soy pups or veggy burgers are not allowed! Anyone who brings said items will be required to wear a dress.

Back