Meat Night - January 9th

This is one of the funnier threds I've read in a while and makes me want to come down from Maine and show you city folks how its really done.

Looked up Fugu. I'll eat it, but only 30 minutes after you do.

LOL... The real brave guy is the one that tries it first. The idiot is the guy that tries it second when he has had too much to drink and though the first guy had a weak stomach. That said... I will be neither.
:D:D:D

Scott

Umm.. interesting meats

A buddy of mine who served in Afghanistan told me about this great meat on a stick he used to get every day.

Week before he came home. Found out it was doggie. He still got it for the rest of the week.

I think i can make a trip to the MSPCA.

What do you guys think?

by the way completely kidding. i love dogs. they taste great

Umm.. interesting meats

A buddy of mine who served in Afghanistan told me about this great meat on a stick he used to get every day.

Week before he came home. Found out it was doggie. He still got it for the rest of the week.

I think i can make a trip to the MSPCA.

What do you guys think?

by the way completely kidding. i love dogs. they taste great

Absolutely wrong on every level I can't even begin to count Steve!:eek::eek:

Korean people eat dog all the time. They raise them like cattle over there. It's funny how acceptable things are in one culture and not another just because of upbringing and mindsets. We just take it for granted that the American way of life is the only way of life. I've know people that hunt red squirrels in the wooded areas of New Hampshire to make squirrel pot pie. Its quite tasty but you need about ten of them. And no, it doesn't taste like chicken!

Not disagreeing with the culture thing, been there ate that. When I lived overseas I had horse quite a few times(never truly intentional....it does NOT taste like chicken either). I have eaten my fair share of "unconventional" foods being a chef, I just refuse to eat one more 'Lassie', no matter how long you cook it still has a bit of a bite to it(pun intended):D

BTW- Going home to Louisiana next week, if I kill something I'll be sure to bring it back for meat night.....who's game for a bit of Nutria Rat?(I hunt ducks, deers, rabbits and frogs...Nutria just find the end of my shotgun a little more easily):eek:;)

Last edited:
Won't be making it after all. My birthday is the 8th and the Mrs. has something planned for me for Saturday night.

2 Weeks till the 2010 Season Open of Meat Night!!!!!!

Lets get an idea of what people will be bringing with them. I will have a whole Pig over the open fire, and lots of other "Meats"

I am building a fire so big it will keep everyone warm "out side" no need to stay inside,

Last edited:
The candle lighting ceremony will take place just after sunset, followed by the burning of the magnesium steering wheel :D

Sounds like a blast, I'll try my best to make it down. I live up in Gardner so a relatively short hop away. I was planning to pick up a sump/skimmer that morning or early afternoon in NH. Not sure when I'll be returning to the area just yet.

If I can make it, I'll bring along a fave middle eastern meat concoction (a type of kofte).

Corey, I just smoked a 70# pig for Christmas at the folks house, it was darn good! :D

And you stole my idea, so I have to come up with something else:(

Anyone who wants to go please PM me and i will send you my address. This is open for anyone who want to come!!!

Back