Micro-bubbles.........still

Aquadiva

rebuilding the reef
Finally gave in and solved the microbubble problem in the sump with a filter sock....

Still have a few bubbles making it back to display. I replumbed the return plumbing in the overflow, minimal (if any) bubbles in the sump, now.

Soooooo...I obviously have a "leak" in the return line. :( OK, so without replumbing that entire thing, is there an easy way of finding the leak? I think I read/saw somewhere, that someone used duct tape on all the joints and fittings until they found the leak. Does this work? Any other suggestions?

what type of plumbing connections do you have? If they are PVC, put some extra PVC glue around each joint. If they are flexible hose onto barbs, see if you can add another screw clamp around each barb, with the screw side opposite of the first one (so it clamps down in a different spot).

That would be PVC....

You can add glue after the fact? Interesting....I assume I should be priming? No?

Now in uncharted territory.... :(

Just slop some more around the outside of the joint. You don't need primer on it (although it can't hurt either). Just get it in the seam as good as you can.

You are adding the glue to the outside of the joint, where there shouldn't be water. Hopefully if there is a small hole in a joint somewhere that is drawing in air, it will draw in the PVC glue instead, filling the hole :)

GRRR is that why I found salt creep creeping down my check valve:(
sh*t glad I cleared it up I will look again tomorrow and see whats up

Back