Microscrubing.....whos doing it?

MPevine11

my own mini ocean
Found a video of this online while looking at other stuff reef related. Then looked it up and seems like alot of positive feedback. Wondering if anyone on here does it and what your thoughts are. I'm considering setting it up later today after work, but I'm still up in the air about it. What do you guys think?

Here's the video link:

I think this could definitely work. In nature the waves make white water which is pretty much the same thing. Essentially your turning your whole tank into a a skimmer

This was tossed around in the reef2reef chemistry forum last year and got ugly fast. The scientific minded said there is no real proof it's doing anything helpful and the true believers said that it works period.

My opinion is it's not going to do anything beneficial.

When I see micro bubbles in my tank I know it's time for a water top off! I have about a 2 gallon limit between my high level and low! My tank has done well but it is by no means an intentional plan just lack of top offs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not lacking top offs, you time it to do It at night with a wooden airstone for a set period of time. Still run auto top off and keep the water level the same.

I've seen videos before and after of filtersocks collecting stuff and skimmers getti g filthy skim which makes me want to try it. Buy like the above poster said there's no real proof

If your skimmer is doing the job, you don't need micro bubble. If you don't have a skimmer or the skimmer is under size, micro bubble at night will help.
It basically keeps the oxygen level up. I tried it but won't do it again as I see no real difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back