Whos got clowns??????

I believe Jay can get Australian tank raised black Ocellaris on demand if he doesn't have them in stock.

On that note, I'm not a fan of Ocellaris because I find them to be the dumbest of the bunch. :D

What do you prefer?

I just think they are propotioned well

Thanks a bunch ill kepp my eye out for some. I think they'd be a neat addition to my tank. if i get ocelalris clowns...what is the best anemone for them to host?

do you prefer to buy at the aqaurium gallery and jays aquatics? Skips is right down mass ave from me so its really close.

What do you prefer?

IMO and IIRC this is not the thread to be discussing which LFS is better. If you really want to know peoples opinions check out the vendor experience thread. Be warned you can only post first hand experience in there so don't just post anything in there...

well thats why im not posting in there

wasnt asking which was better, just asking which had more options for me

You could try calling them and asking what they have in stock...

IMO and IIRC this is not the thread to be discussing which LFS is better. If you really want to know peoples opinions check out the vendor experience thread. Be warned you can only post first hand experience in there so don't just post anything in there...

It's his thread. :D

There's nothing wrong purchasing clownfish from Skiptons. No reason why you should have to go through the hassle of renting a ZipCar to drive to NH for something you can get down the street. Almost any LFS will have tank raised ocellaris clownfish. And almost any LFS will have percula clownfish as well. Skiptons is a good LFS and they will take care of you.

i know they are a great store. I just got word that they just got ORA clowns in today,...

so in other words ill be there after work : )

what about mixing two different kinds of clowns?

not possible..?

You started off saying you wanted a mated pair.....that's not possible with different kinds. You may need some more time to rethink what your looking for, in any event they are common in most LFS.

Jim

I do want 2 clowns im certain. unless I find something lese that is ok for my size tank.

I thought that if you do have two clowns of the same species....they will eventually become a mated pair correct?

Yeah, that does happen. There's also a chance that you'll get two that will kill each other. Pairing clownfish isn't successful 100% of the time. There's a forum on RC that's dedicated to clownfish and clownfish pairing. Might want to read through some threads over there. Also, Joyce Wilkerson wrote a good reference book about clownfish which can be found at most bookstores.

Yeah, that does happen. There's also a chance that you'll get two that will kill each other. Pairing clownfish isn't successful 100% of the time. There's a forum on RC that's dedicated to clownfish and clownfish pairing. Might want to read through some threads over there. Also, Joyce Wilkerson wrote a good reference book about clownfish which can be found at most bookstores.

So my best bet is to find a mated pair. and not go through the trouble of hoping they become a bonded pair. Ill look tonight at skips and see whats happening over there

You just need to know what you're up against should you choose to try pairing a new pair. They have specific behaviors that can indicate their progress (or lack thereof).

Back