Whos got clowns??????

jcallesano

Non-member
If anyone has baby clowns, please let me know.:.

or if anyone is breeding them and have some babies.

Im trying to get my hands on two small clowns for my tank

And if someone can give me the rundown on what a mated pair is, and how they work,that would be great.

Thanks

JC

A mated pair is a female and male pair. The female is the larger of the two and the male is the smaller one. If the female dies then unless a larger one is found it will turn into the female. If you get two juvi's they will eventually turn into a pair...

A mated pair is a female and male pair. The female is the larger of the two and the male is the smaller one. If the female dies then unless a larger one is found it will turn into the female. If you get two juvi's they will eventually turn into a pair...

Thanks man. I think the guy who spoke at the meeting said something about that as well.

Ill keep my eyes out for some juvies

Not sure what type of clowns you are looking for. I saw a bunch of ocellaris last weekend when I was at Aquarium Gallery. And also you should head up to Jay's. I saw a bunch of juvies black ocellaris that were looking really good.

Are you willing to pay $200 for a pair of juvie ORA grade A Picasso? I was so excited when I get them but now I'm having second thought on setting up another tank. At the moment, they are in the same tank as my 5 onyx juvies but they really need to be separated. Let me know if you're interested, otherwise I will have to set up a nano tank for them this weekend.
The Picasso are taking over the anemones and have kicked out all 5 of my Onyx out of the anemones and into the frogspawn now. Which is not cool for me. Although the Picasso cost me more money than the Onyx for each, I really like the Onyx better. They are more passive and can live among themselves. I think the two Picasso may have been mated....

Why are they so expensive?

what do they look like...pictures of them, they sound to be super aggressive in your tank. I have a yahsa hase so far but I never really see him unless I feed him directly in his cave.

The black ocellaris's are sweet looking as well

Not sure what type of clowns you are looking for. I saw a bunch of ocellaris last weekend when I was at Aquarium Gallery. And also you should head up to Jay's. I saw a bunch of juvies black ocellaris that were looking really good.

Are you willing to pay $200 for a pair of juvie ORA grade A Picasso? I was so excited when I get them but now I'm having second thought on setting up another tank. At the moment, they are in the same tank as my 5 onyx juvies but they really need to be separated. Let me know if you're interested, otherwise I will have to set up a nano tank for them this weekend.
The Picasso are taking over the anemones and have kicked out all 5 of my Onyx out of the anemones and into the frogspawn now. Which is not cool for me. Although the Picasso cost me more money than the Onyx for each, I really like the Onyx better. They are more passive and can live among themselves. I think the two Picasso may have been mated....

cant buy em st8 from the site. have to order them from a LFS.....

ill keep seraching

greg hiller has 2 juvi pink skunks that hed sell me, but there not the most atractive looking fish ive seen.

UNE has baby clowns. Ocellaris that are just over a month old with more batches all the time. Mind you I'm 90min north of you, but if you'd like we'd be more than happy to see that you can have a pair.

PM if interested

I would go with the baby ocellaris from Aquarium Gallery or Jay's Aquatics. They are the least aggressive clowns and are cheap.
Good for your first pair of clowns.

I would go with the baby ocellaris from Aquarium Gallery or Jay's Aquatics. They are the least aggressive clowns and are cheap.
Good for your first pair of clowns.

Thanks a bunch ill kepp my eye out for some. I think they'd be a neat addition to my tank. if i get ocelalris clowns...what is the best anemone for them to host?

do you prefer to buy at the aqaurium gallery and jays aquatics? Skips is right down mass ave from me so its really close.

I believe Jay can get Australian tank raised black Ocellaris on demand if he doesn't have them in stock.

On that note, I'm not a fan of Ocellaris because I find them to be the dumbest of the bunch. :D

Back