Missing Algae Blenny in a 29g?

STiTCH87

Saltwater OCD Victim
So i've had an algae blenny since around April this year who's been active and healthy and happy and showed no signs of stress, and now I cannot find him. I forget if I saw him yesterday or not, but I know I did on Friday night. Now I can't find him anywhere. I looked all around the outside of my tank, in any tubes I had, in and around ALL my rockwork which was a PITA but no luck, in and around my sandbed (lightly stirred it with a wooden skewer dragging back and forth on the blunt side) and to no avail I haven't found him. Now mind you this is no baby, this is a fullgrown 3"-4" algae blenny and shouldn't be hard to find in a 29g at all. I put in his favourite food and he didn't show up which is what worries me most. I did have an orange-lined cardinal die somewhere around Tuesday of last week but quickly removed him so I know there wasn't serious decay that'd make other fish sick. Everyone else is live and happy as is the corals and all my params are in check. I'm so confused where he could've gone. Is it possible for 3 nassarius, 3 hermits, and 2 peppermint shrimp to fully consume a 4" algae blenny in one night without any nitrates showing up?

Getting very sick of my livestock dying on me. =[ He was one of my favorite parts to my tank and i'm 99% sure he's gone. Damn this trade is so upsetting at times.

No not him!!!!!! He was my favorite cause of his little D: face. I'm so sorry to hear it, I'm distressed as well. I hope he reappears. Are you sure you don't have a mantis or some nighttime predator?

Nope no cats and puppy never goes in my room (door always closed).

I know NG, =\ That lil bugger loved the camera. Gonna miss his DUH face and lil moustache. May get a diamond goby and tiger shrimp pair now though.

Back