moving to salem,ma

.::Jun77::.

Non-member
hi!

i am moving to salem, MA next month and im going to move my tank with me. so i need at least 30 gallons of saltwater and maybe a plastic container(maybe from home depot?) for the corals. please pm me an address or phone number of a LFS near northshore hospital area.

thanks
jun

WelcomeBRS5.jpg

Good luck with the move... There are a few people in the Salem MA area and I'm only 20 mins away...

thanks! ill prolly ship my livestock next day, moving is so stressfull:(.

anyways, cant wait to meet you guys!

oh no! sorry to here that Jun! i'm also in Salem but my tank is actually in Lawrence, i drive back and forth every weekend! the closest LFS i can think of is Petco in Peabody or in Swampscott but as u may have already know their saltwater selection is not big at all. Or if u have enough $ to invest, a RO/DI unit is not bad at all and u can mix ur own salt, in fact it's much better that way, stores' RO water is not always good. Let me know if u need any help since i'm in Salem most of the week-days.
Phi.

oh no! sorry to here that Jun! i'm also in Salem but my tank is actually in Lawrence, i drive back and forth every weekend! the closest LFS i can think of is Petco in Peabody or in Swampscott but as u may have already know their saltwater selection is not big at all. Or if u have enough $ to invest, a RO/DI unit is not bad at all and u can mix ur own salt, in fact it's much better that way, stores' RO water is not always good. Let me know if u need any help since i'm in Salem most of the week-days.
Phi.

thanks,

I ended up buying 30:: gallons of distilled water and went to petco to buy the salt. my 4 fish survived the 30 hour drive using an inverter,pump and airline tubing.

IMG_4636.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4635.jpg

I just moved from Miami, FL to Swampscott in January. Welcome. If you need anything, let me know. And no, there are no good (any) SW fish stores around here. Saltwater city had potential, but may have closed its doors. (Lynn).

If your move was related to the hospital there, let me know b/c we probably have some things in common.

David

wow all your coral died? nothing left? that sucks.... who did you ship the tank with? did you get the insurance on anything you shipped?

well.. i guess moving the tank all the way from Miami wasnt a good idea.. if i was you.. i would sell everything for some $ and then build a new one here!

IPWitan- thanks! yap your right, health care worker here. where did you work in miami?

coralcor- yap all of them died, and the tank cracked in the middle.

125tank- learned my lesson the hard way:(

Here's my thread in Reef Central

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1599194

Here's my New tank, Perfecto 56 gallon column. I ordered it at skipton (boston)

IMG_4843.jpg

i need to get used that there's no LFS in every block like where i came from, i hope i can find a good lfs and score some frags from you guys, maybe 2-3 months from now.

Back