My experiences with DIYreef.com and Aquatinics.com

fulinn

Love to Learn
Hi,

I wanted to tell everyone what a great company DIYreef.com and Aquatinics.com are. As some of you know I have just purchased brand new Aquatinics T-5 light fixture from DIYreef.com.

They shipped immediately and it arrived exactly as promised. I set it up 4 days ago and it seemed to be running fine. However this evening I noticed that the built in fan was not running, everything looked fine. I was so disappointed that the new light was failing already.

I sent an e-mail to DIYreef.com and they responded back within 30 minutes of my e-mail to them. They asked that I contact the manufacturer directly. DIYreef.com provided a contact name, phone number and web address for me. Assuring me that they were willing to help me in any way they could.

I then sent an e-mail off to Aquatinics.com, hoping that I'd hear from them tomorrow on my problem. To my delight, I had an answer back from Tom at Aquatinics.com with in minutes, asking that I check on the fans power connections. So I took the fixture apart at the fan end, and reseated the power connections even thought they looked fine. Put it all back together again and it's working just fine !

I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of days but I feel that the problem has been solved. I hope anyone considering lights or lamps purchases over the net (plus other items), might consider these two business. I enjoyed doing business with them and their costumer service was outstanding in my opinion.

Bonnie

You're lucky.

When I ordered my MH pendant from DIY reef, I ordered in December and didnt recieve it till February. When I finally did recieve it, both the ballast, and bulb were DOA. It took another month to get a new ballast out of them, and I was never able to get them to replace the XM10K bulb that came with it.

Communication was very slow, and I was VERY dissapointed with the whole process. Honestly, I almost gave up on the hobby at that point. I heard later that the guy was having some trouble at work, and was essentially ignoring his side business because he didnt have time for it.

Buyer Beware with this place.

You're lucky.

When I ordered my MH pendant from DIY reef, I ordered in December and didnt recieve it till February. When I finally did recieve it, both the ballast, and bulb were DOA. It took another month to get a new ballast out of them, and I was never able to get them to replace the XM10K bulb that came with it.

Communication was very slow, and I was VERY dissapointed with the whole process. Honestly, I almost gave up on the hobby at that point. I heard later that the guy was having some trouble at work, and was essentially ignoring his side business because he didnt have time for it.

Buyer Beware with this place.

Hi Rich
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the previous owner of DIYReef. I know that there were several customers who had problems getting their orders in the last few months Justin owned the store. I am the new owner-since June of 2005, and it is my full time (and more) job, and first priority. I hope that you will give me a chance sometime to show you that DIYReef has changed for the better, and not hold the problems you had with previous owners against me.
Debbie Berlin

Back