My first wood project: DIY Stand & Canopy..Just showing off

SMS76

Non-member
Ok it's not perfact but looks ok to me. I have done some small projects but nothing this major. For all of you who always entertain the thought of making DIY stand and canopy for yourself and afraid for some reason, i say take a plunge and go for it.
I am very happy with the way it turned out and i made it all myself without anybody's help. I think i can do a lot better if next time i have to build it (which i will if i upgrade ;) or move).

I used JBNY's design. Here is the website: http://www.cnidarianreef.com/
Whole front panel is removable. He used velcro but i used the small clamp kind of stuff that holds cabiner doors and i got it at HD which works better then velcro IMO.

Here r few pics: Sorry i don't have digital camera so pictures are not that nice.

Attachments

• Full_1.jpg
    Full_1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:
NateHanson said:
Nice Shoeib! That's worth showing off. :)

Thanks Nate. Tank looks kind of empty but once i stock it (hopefully slowly) up, whole setup will look much better.
Thanks for your advise on the DIY forum regarding basic frame desing for this stand. I love the stand height (30") as now i can easily get to sump and specially protein skimmer.

It's gorgeous! I really admire you folks that jump right in and do things yourself! If I had better tools (like a nice table saw, and a bigger garage) I'd love to do that!

Really nice work! Thanks so much for sharing!

Melody~

Back