My JBJ Nanocube 28 HQI

Trying to decide what I want to add next. It'll be one of these three.

-Skimmer. More than likely AquaMaxx HOB-1
-Chiller
-MP10

I'm thinking I'll probably go with the skimmer. I'm using a lousy bio cube one in the back chamber.

I have a window ac keeping the room cool. I live on the 3rd floor so I have to run it 24/7, but I can deal with that for now.

MP10 def can wait, just want to try one out...

So decided to go with the chiller. Bought a used one from a member here

Now I just need to figure out how to set it up....

62e51dfd-9e67-8486.jpg

62e51dfd-9e72-6447.jpg

So I set the chiller up last night. Have it running on a pump in the chamber on the far left and draining into the one on the far right....

Got some issues though:
1. The sound of the water leaving through the pump and coming back in through the return is driving me crazy. I put a pad there to help with it, but it's still loud as hell.
2. Getting a ton of microbubles now. Sponge helped with that too, but not enough.

I only have one of the pumps running now from the back. Maybe if I put them both on again and try to fit a thrid pump in, it will help. I may order the JBJ chiller installation kit and see it that helps too....

Get the jbj Chiller install Kit and its silent i slept next to mine...

Couple of updates:

1 On 8/10 I moved the tank back to its original position in my apt. The living room. I like it best in here because its always out for me and other people to look at, and the noise, although little, dives me insane in the bedroom.

2. The chiller is running but I dont think it's at peak performance.

Get the jbj Chiller install Kit and its silent i slept next to mine...

I ordered that and a brand new MJ1200 to run it. That should solve any issues that should arise I hope.

3. The AquaMaxx HOB-1 should be here Monday.

4. Got about 5 new sps frags recently in the tank. I think I'm going to keep it mostly SPS with some zoas, rics, and the few LPS I have. I want to get rid of the LPS since it takes up so much room, but my fiancé likes them so I'll leave them.

I'll try to get some pictures up soon. My cell doesnt do the colors of everything justice and the point an shoot doesn't do much better. I'm sure me having no idea what I'm doing doesn't help!

Skimmer....

Packed good:
62e51dfd-f3a9-3aef.jpg

62e51dfd-f39b-b1e1.jpg

For some reason didn't realize how big it would be. Here is the body before setup:
62e51dfd-f3c1-a2d2.jpg

The directions sucked, this was it:
62e51dfd-f414-8d0e.jpg

All set up and running with warm water to clean:
62e51dfd-f435-2ae0.jpg

Might let that run for a few hours.... There was also a small o-ring that I have no idea where it goes....

Thank good for that little drain elbow on the side. This thing is going nuts!!!!

I didn't use vinegar when cleaning it, just warm water. Thinking that was my mistake. Going to use it tomorrow then give it a nice hot water bath....

So the new maxi jet I just hooked up on Tuesday was not pumping as of yesterday morning. It's making like a loud grinding noise. Anyone have any ideas about that? Do these things have warranties?

I have it running on a stock pump right now and changed the return so it goes right into the display tank.

Skimmer is still going crazy. I thought it settled down so I ran it all night weds night and woke up to a little water on the floor from micro bubbles squishing through the top. I'm going to try a water change since I've used JB waterweld recently and people say that can make a skimmer go crazy.

I never bothered trying to figure out what is up with the Maxi-Jet, so the chiller is still running on the stock pump. I'll need to figure something out.

I tried taking a few pictures with my fiance's digital camera, but it doesn't have a custom white balance and everything is blue, and I mean really blue. Rock, corals, fish, everything is blue.

On that note, I happened to order an Olympus e-pl1. I wanted a decent camera, but didn't want the investment of a DSLR or the bulk. I got a good deal on this and think it should be fine for what I want. It should be here on Friday, so maybe I'll try to get some pictures up on Sat.....

So camera came today and is safe in my apt, but I'm still working. 7am-midnight yesterday, again today and then more OT tomorrow and Sunday.

Maybe I'll be able to figure it out tomorrow and get some pictures before lights go out, but it'll be all new to me so who knows....

Who would have thought taking pictures was so hard? I am beyond confused about all these things. I need to buy a book or something to learn about it.

Anyways here's just a FTS. Blue SPS do not look blue in the pictures and for some reason the BTA got all funky like this when I shut the pumps off. I'm guessing since it usually gets fed when the pumps are off it was trying to reach for food???

a181e455.jpg

Back