My poor clowns

~Flighty~

Now with more baby
I had to remove the magnifica because it was obviously disintigrating and there was no turning back. The clowns were still determined to stay with it till the end.

So I took it out of the tank and flushed it then I checked the clowns. The female has her ovipositer (egg laying thingy) out and is trying to lay eggs for the first time ever today. Poor girl. First time mother and I go and rip out her house while she is delivering her first batch of eggs.

They seem confused and are swimming from one end of the tank to the other and going back to the place that the anemone was. I had had a piece of blue plastic that the anemone was on that I took out. It was probably the egg area that the male got all ready for today. I moved the piece of ceramic that had been in that area in the past back into place, but I don't know what the poor things will do.

I'm not woried about the lack of anemone, I'm worried about the fact that their carfully prepared egg location has been bulldosed. They have been terring their lips up for two weeks to get a spot just right.

How long after the ovipositer comes out do they start laying? I don't think she has laid any yet (I can't find them and she's still fat) She is hanging out in open water now and the male is very agitated.

Cindy,

I have a green/brown BTA you can have if you like.

Joe

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back