My RSM 250 is finally coming to life :)

Chrissy

Non-member
I have been slowly adding coral frags from my 20H, and I'm very excited about where it's headed! The only thing I plan on changing soon is the bulbs...I don't really care for the 10k's that came with it, so I'm going to switch out those with some ATI aquablue and coral plus.

rsmfts41013_zpse0f80d98.jpg

Thank you everyone!
I have been adding some more corals and picked up my new clam today. I named him Fritter! :D

Looks like it is coming along very nicely! I really like the way you arranged your rocks. Cant wait to see t all filled in

Wow. It looks really nice.

Thanks, Peter! The tower on the right is where that monti cap is going to go once that putty gets here. :)

Looks like it is coming along very nicely! I really like the way you arranged your rocks. Cant wait to see t all filled in

Thank you! I can't wait for it to grow in either...it'll be a long while, but the wait will be worth it! :)

The Monti cap is finally placed. I'm very excited about the way it's turning out! :)

Last edited:
Those are nice tangs! They must be super small to look that tiny in a 66 gallon huh? And is that a red monti cap growing on a green monti cap in the upper right? Interesting whatever it is.
What I LOVE is your abundance of hermits on the sand bed lol that's awesome. You'll never have a dirty sand bed that's for sure!
I'd do that but my wrasse murder any small hermits or shrimp I buy. And the big hermits kill anything smaller than them in my tank -_- hahaha.

Looking good though!

Thanks! The yellow one (Billy Longsnout) is about an inch and a half, and the powder blue (Emma Blacklips) is probably just under 3 inches I think. That is a red on top of a green monticap. I put it there so they will swirl together. I did an experiment like that in my old 72 and it worked great, I'd love to see what it looks like now. That one had mostly red and then I added purple and green to it.
The little guys on the bottom are mostly dwarf ceriths. I ordered a package from John at reefcleaners.org and he always sends extras...this time it was a TON! I usually suck them up during water changes and throw them in my other tanks to spread them out. LOL

I added some new sps and zoa frags and moved a couple of things around in the past few days. I've also discovered that my tangs will eat from my hand now. Here's a video and some new pics.

[video=youtube_share;CQy6fF3xEco]http://youtu.be/CQy6fF3xEco[/video]

New FTS! I love this angle, since I normally don't look at the tank straight on, the pics are usually looking down a bit.
The mid-left open space is waiting for a nice blue maxima, which is my next purchase!

Nice job so far! It will look great once it grows in a little more. The only thing is the cap on that pillar may shade a lot of stuff below it once it gets big.

Back