Need a change......

RiverRat

Non-member
I'm getting a little bored; I think I need a change in my 100gal tank.

I'm converting my seahorse tank into a terrarium type tank and will also be trying out dart frogs in a new type of tank (if the BioPod tank I backed on Kickstarter a long time ago is every ready).

......but I still need some ocean in the house. I'm thinking some simple coral (mushrooms, xenia, Kenya tree, etc.) and a puffer or two and maybe a couple of fish that would usually destroy SPS and LPS.

What does everyone think about puffers? I believe their teeth continuously grow; do they keep them in check by eating clams in shell?

Thank you.

I think you need to thinking about why are you getting bored. For example, if you're getting bored because the tank is not exciting enough when you look at it, I'm afraid changing it to a predatory/specimen tank will not help. You will be excited on the new gig for a bit but will get very bored pretty quickly. This is probably why you're not into your seahorse anymore.
I think the best thing in this hobby is still a mix reef. Always something new, always something exciting.

Back