Do i need to change the membrane?

charbel1011

BRS Member
So iv had this rodi unit 6 stage 2 membrance unit from brs for over a year. Approximately. Yesterday i was changing my filters like usual. I let the unit run and i made over 60 gallons of water. I cant get the in to be 1 like before. I always had 1 in and 0 out. Now after changing the filters 3 in, and 0 out.

I have a booster pump, and also automatic flush valve. So it does flushing automatically when u start it, and hourly as well. Do i need to change both membrance? And if so why did that happen after changing the filters? Thank you.

I am assuming the 3 is out of the membrane? You need to check into the membrane because i have higher inbound certain times of year. 3 out will just burn more di. I switched to separate di so I only use up one rather than wasting the caton di which I never replace now.

I run 3 out of mine all the time because I’m on well water which is high to start and use the water saver with 2 membranes so for me 3 is normal.

I am assuming the 3 is out of the membrane? You need to check into the membrane because i have higher inbound certain times of year. 3 out will just burn more di. I switched to separate di so I only use up one rather than wasting the caton di which I never replace now.

I run 3 out of mine all the time because I’m on well water which is high to start and use the water saver with 2 membranes so for me 3 is normal.
3 after the RO, and 0 after my 2 DI stage. I have 2 membrance i usually get 1 and 0 but now 3 and 0

Again 3 is not bad if you really want to get back to 1 you can change the membranes but I would not yet. Just depends how much water you make and how fast you use up di if it’s worth it. If you are burning through di then it might be cheaper to replace the membrane

I would also check going into membrane that way you know something is not wrong with filters. I check multiple places to track what’s going in and coming out of each membrane

I flush mine for about 10-15 mins each time before saving the output.

Do a manual flush. Those RO membranes can last for years and I mean 4-5 years and I make ALOT of water in my system with CWC.

Back