Need help on picking coral

tank202094

Non-member
I am beginner to saltwater, I want to add some corals to my tank. I have T5 HO 4X54W NOVA EXTREME light fixture. I need some help please, here is my tank. I currently have couple fishes in there, 1 Purple Tang , 1 Vagabond Butterflies, 1 Raccoon Butterflies, and 1 Sailfin Tang.

Thanks for all your help!!!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0165-1.jpg
    DSC_0165-1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0166-1.jpg
    DSC_0166-1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC_0163-1.jpg
    DSC_0163-1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 109
Maybe check what the Butterfly might eat before getting any corals. Lighting wise, you should be able to keep most anything - keeping higher light / flow corals up nearer the top where most light and flow would be. Maybe a Koralia #2 or #3 needed if going for high flow sps.

Softy tank's rules!
for a list here goes and Be picky don't put things in there to fill in space just to replace it in the future
Tree coral many shades of nice green
Nice Toadstool
Some Ricordea
Mushrooms
A nice rose anemone Put this in first so it can settle in and find a spot that it likes (for the clowns)
also if you want to go some Zoas and LPS many colorful stuff out there look at other people's tank and find out what you like.

Remember its you tank Good Luck. Nice Pictures

75 gal tank

Powerhead:
2 - Koralia #1,
1 - Maxijet1200 Modified

Wet/Dry filteration system
Protein Skimmer bak

I like the looks of LPS. Acans, Blastos, thats sort of stuff. Ronnie had some great suggestions too. Def. do some research before you add anything though. Good luck

Back