New 180 Gallon SC Aquariums Build

Discussion in 'Build Threads' started by Troselaw, Dec 3, 2017.

1. sirvine24

sirvine24 Well-Known Member BRS Member

I haven't used the Cepex, but these seem to be pretty high quality. Far better than the hardware store ones, but I've only had them installed for a couple months. Others that have had them for years could probably chime in.

They are the same as the ones sold at Marine Depot with good reviews.

https://www.marinedepot.com/Slip_Do...Valves-Plumbing_Parts-FT3913-FIFTVLTU-vi.html

2. Troselaw

Troselaw Well-Known Member BRS Member

I am planning on doing some plumbing today and am wondering how you know if the pvc primer and cement that I am using is aquarium/fish safe? It’s rectorseal primer and cement that I bought from a plumbing supply house...

3. Chris A.

Chris A. Formally toomanyfish BRS Member

Just need to let it cure and maybe test run the whole system with freshwater for leaks, that’ll also take some contaminates with it. Add some dechlorinator to the tap water just so you don’t leave any behind

Troselaw likes this.
  4. Curren007K

Curren007K Well-Known Member BRS Member

What a tank and stand! Looking great so far.

Troselaw likes this.
  5. Troselaw

A Powder Brown would look real nice in there...

Curren007K likes this.
  6. Troselaw

It took five men to get it on the stand... Did some electrical work... Spent hours trying to figure out how to shim... Added some quarter round (need to redo)... And, started plumbing today.

Attached Files:

7. aresangel

aresangel Well-Known Member Officer BRS Member

The trim is a nice touch to cover the shims! Great idea and craftsmanship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Curren007K

Curren007K Well-Known Member BRS Member

Haha he's still available, would be happy to see him go to your nice set up.
    Things are shaping up real nicely. That's a whole lottah wattah in those jugs! I had to have a pool company deliver filtered water to fill mine up.