new 29g biocube first sw tank

abaralnek

Non-member
just wanted to say hi to all of you,my name is ken and im new to saltwater.picked up a 29 gallon oceanic biocube that im planning on setting up at the end of the week.can you guys suggest the best place to buy live rock?ive been thinking about getting it online but picking out my own pieces sounds like a much better idea,thanks for any help.

Welcome. I'd check the for sale threads for live rock. Someones always got it and it is usually at very good prices. Good luck with your new tank.

welcome to the BRS. Like Rick said, look for LR for sale on here. There is always some. If you look back at recent threads, there still might be some available. I remember someone was selling like 150# recently.

If you need to go new, Marc (Marco rocks) has some good stuff.
Anywho, welcome.

welcome to the boards, Rick....(& the hobby)

Make sure whoever you inquire about rock to you ask if they have any recent problems in the tank...(red bug infestation, mojano's, aptasia, dino's etc....you don't want to start out two steps back...

GL.

B

Welcome. Good luck finding some nice LR and don't forget to take pics when you set up the tank :p

Welcome. If you dont mind waiting i would go dry rock and let it turn. That way you know what your putting in the tank.

WelcomeBRS.jpg

7.8 isn't too low. It is in the lower range of the desired pH scale but IMO consistency of pH is much more important (keeping it at 7.8 24/7 as apposed to it swinging 8.0-8.2 everyday)

Def like the rockwork, just remember to keep it slow...

Back