new 29g biocube first sw tank

tested the water today and here is what i got
salinity=1.025
ph=7.8
amm=.50
nitrite-.25
nitrate=10.

im not sure im really interested in a skimmer at this point,i plan to do weekly water changes to stay ontop of it.

looks nice. Two suggestions.
1) Make sure that top rock is stable. You don't want that coming down and crushing a fish or coral.

2) Your rocks are against the back wall which is fine. But just keep in mind that you won't be able to clean that back wall. But with a smaller tank, I understand that you kinda have to have the rock back so you have the swimming room in the front.

Looks good though. Keep us updated.

my tank used to be at 7.8 all the time to. buy some kent marine dKH or some other buffer (probably better ones but it works for me) and that will do the trick.

also make sure you dont put anything in the tank till you have no more nitrites or ammonia, and low to no nitrates.

hey guys/gals what is this thats on my rock?
what.jpg

marcorocks.com

go with marcorocks.com

he is great to work with and has great rocks

just wanted to say hi to all of you,my name is ken and im new to saltwater.picked up a 29 gallon oceanic biocube that im planning on setting up at the end of the week.can you guys suggest the best place to buy live rock?ive been thinking about getting it online but picking out my own pieces sounds like a much better idea,thanks for any help.

favia is a type of coral that has a stony skeleton. If it died off then the skeleton would be left, such as that pic.

tested the water again today and here is what i got.
ph has been a consistent 7.8 since i started
amm has dropped to 0
nitrite is still at .25
nitrate is between 10 and 20

could my tank really be cycling this fast?i didnt think the ammonia would drop so fast?

my ammonia and nitrites have been zeroed out for a few days now and the nitates are under 10. so i added a small clean up crew today,6 nassarius snails,6 cerith snails,2 astrea snails and a turbo snail..im thinking in 2 weeks or so im going to add the first fish what do you guys think i should get first?here is what i wanna stock a pair of clowns,a lawnmower blenny,a purple firefish goby and maybe a royal gramma basslet what do you guys think?

here is a updated pic,lots of green starting on the rocks.ill be going to jays tomorrow to pick up a purple firefish if he has one.
new.jpg

You will get a lot of enjoyment out of that tank. I have a ocianic cube and have great luck with it.

Back