New AI controller coming out

CapeReefer

Non-member
Saw this new controller coming out on Facebook and thought it was an interesting concept and will be following their progress. Although I probably would never buy the first Gen of any product released by a new company but I’m curious as how they progress.

AI powered and I think it will diagnose what’s wrong with corals and identify what diseases and treatment options etc which is awesome.

Regardless how it operates it will put pressure on bigger name controller companies (GHL, Neptune,Etc) to step their game up. Pretty awesome concept. I attached some pics and the link.
45791B83-2649-493E-B927-6433063C71D3.jpeg

72566FD7-6655-48E4-8624-AD8491E4499F.png
C004EB19-4AB1-4C54-986F-1FDA0C6768CD.jpeg

02349727-0CB0-456B-A136-6DE4145C832F.jpeg

Fwiw they’ve been around a little while and unless they’ve really made huge advances in their “AI” since their Felix device (which the “AI” doesn’t actually run on), this seems to be yet another selling point they’re marketing and not delivering on (“coming soon!”).

I bought one of their Felix devices namely because they had marketed that there was an open API which I planned to use to integrate with Home Assistant. Got told it’s not ready but soon!! Here it is a year and change later and nothing. The device itself is also locked down so there’s not much one can do with it outside of their limited app that is desperately in need of some fixes. Is mostly a probe reader and remote power switch to me at this point.

All that is to say, wait til you see some hands-on reviews.

Back