New but Old

thereefkeeper

Non-member
Whats up guys.
I've been gone for a while mainly because I've moved back to Florida.
How is everyone doing?
I really miss the club their's nothing like the Boston Reefers down here.
I just can't believe it really,how much more involevement their is up their.
In case you some of you forgot who I am. I was located in New Bedford and alot of people have visited my house.
I would love to talk to Scavdog,Aquaman68,Mike Roby,Pinkskunk.
Could anybody who read this please give them a heads up I'm looking for them.
Does anyone have a pic of the Chad frag from the meet we had at my house.
Thanks
Chad

Holy crow, welcome back to the BRS, Chad.

I'll dig out some pics from forever ago.

I hope FL is treating you well. Do you have a tank down there?

Meeting at Chad's was back in August of 2002.

1st pic: ScavDog and I make announcements or something while Chad stirs up the cement mix for DIY dead rock.

2nd pic: View of the crowd. Lots of old time BRS peeps in the crowd. Recognize anyone?

3rd pic: The "Chad Frag" about to be hacked up

4th pic: Steve and Chad working the Dremel

Last edited:
After the DIY reef rock demo, we had a cook out.

Lots more familiar folks in the group here...

Last edited:
Wow!
Thanks MOE that brings back some memories how u been?
I stepped out for a bit to do wholesale but now back into it more as a hobbiest. I will be around anything you need don't be afraid to ask. I still dabble a bit with everything. I know its hard with the distance. Just offering.
Where's Scavo?
I would love a piece of Chad Frag who has some. Being a hobbiest and having a tank that will not be sold from week to week is kind of nice.

Wow!
Thanks MOE that brings back some memories how u been?
I stepped out for a bit to do wholesale but now back into it more as a hobbiest. I will be around anything you need don't be afraid to ask. I still dabble a bit with everything. I know its hard with the distance. Just offering.
Where's Scavo?
I would love a piece of Chad Frag who has some. Being a hobbiest and having a tank that will not be sold from week to week is kind of nice.

Hi Chad
is the coral in the pic the chad frag.I have seen a coral passed around the club that was alledgedly yours and called the chad frag.I got a piece from bec(reefnroll) unfortunately i sold it when i broke my system down.
However the frag i bought was not the same as the one in the pic,it was more of a deepwater looking coral like speciosa.
I believe scavo still has a piece of it.
-Liam.

here is the coral i bought as the chad frag

Attachments

• DSCF3156 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3156 (Small).JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 382
Yo Chad...What up?? So you got a tank again?? Did you lose my number? Shoot me a pm I'll shoot it back to you if you need it....;)

Liam
To be honest I havn't seen that coral in years I couldn't even tell you what it looks like.
I just want a piece of history LOL.
I'll wait for Scavo to reply.

Brian sending PM.

Hey, long time.

I had a piece of that colony, it started out pink but mine turned a really cool blue. Unfortunatly a BTA tried to give it a hug a yr or two later and things didn't go well from there. I'd post a pic but I didn't even have a camera then.

Funny thing, I'm wearing that same blue tie-dyed shirt right now but almost all of the blue has faded out. What was that, 2003 ?

What's up jimmyj
Yea had to be "03" it was a while ago feels longer than that though.
It's ok I'm sure someone will step up with a frag of that coral.
I can't wait to see a pic.
Stop buying coral! Buy a new shirt! LoL
Its OK I still have that hat and ******** in those pics.

"02" Even longer wow!
Hey Mo' those pics are hilarious.
Check Marc out. That's just the way I remember him. And Joe Talking up a storm. How about me the working ignoring everyone in my own little world. Too funny I wish I could do it again. Really miss the club.

Is it me, or did a bunch of us gain a few inches around the middle, especially me :(

And darn it, I like my old t-shirt! It's like old jeans, faded and torn, but soo comfortable :)

Is it me, or did a bunch of us gain a few inches around the middle, especially me :(

And darn it, I like my old t-shirt! It's like old jeans, faded and torn, but soo comfortable :)
I sure did. :p

I think PyroJon has actually lost a bunch of weight since then.
That does it, I'm going low carb.

Wow what a blast from the past,
I won the fragged up mother colony of that coral, I had that and one of the frags for a couple of years until my kalk "event" of 04 (I think it was 04?)
Anyhow the mother when regrown looked totally different than the frags (alot like Liams pic)
I think there were a bunch of pics posted of them both after my 03 clam bake/ MACNA party.

FWIW that Harpoon shirt is long gone (I guess it was a fav :) )

Whats Up Mark
Well its offical I'm back in I might have told you I was thinking about it a few months ago. I have to say I lost a few pounds.

A few pics I have of the 300gal just before the meet. And yes the table in its hayday.

Attachments

• table1.jpg
    table1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 321
  • tank_left.jpg
    tank_left.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 324
  • tank_right.jpg
    tank_right.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 338
  • mother_colony.jpg
    mother_colony.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 340
Yo Chad! Long time no see :). I had an awesome piece of that colony and lost it the end of last summer. Don't ask, not worth getting into. Anyhow I am on the hunt for another piece.

Hows the fam?

Back