New from Boston, MA

flex991

Nooobieee
Hello Everyone,

After a couple of glitches while registering, I finally made it. I am more of a planted tanks guy, hoping to learn about reef keeping.

Theres a good amount here to learn. And anyone who tells you they know all the tricks, walk away!

Again, as I've been saying, we're a simple people, with a complicated hobby :)

Welcome aboard! Ask away!

Welcome!!

You will find a wealth of information on this Site. Great Resource!

I too like the planted tanks that's actually what I started with. Looking at my planted tank right now. It has been along time on maintenance on that thing but still looks Great! Love Planted tanks almost no husbandry and still looks great(little over grown... LOL)

-Owen

I too like the planted tanks that's actually what I started with. Looking at my planted tank right now. It has been along time on maintenance on that thing but still looks Great! Love Planted tanks almost no husbandry and still looks great(little over grown... LOL)

-Owen

We have a planted FW tank as well. Hannalore (turtletrax) and I were discussing the other day how little she does with her planted tank and it looks great. Then how much I do with my SW tank, and I cant get it perfect!

Oh well, my fish are cooler :)

Ya planted tanks are great for lack of maintence. Only thing I have to do with mine is clear duckweed like everyother day. Never put duck weed in a tank with out goldfish or turtles. Gets way out of hand.

Ya planted tanks are great for lack of maintence. Only thing I have to do with mine is clear duckweed like everyother day. Never put duck weed in a tank with out goldfish or turtles. Gets way out of hand.

Really eh :rolleyes:...I need to look into this, as our Diamondback Terrapin will not give any plants a chance to live in his tank. I will look into this duckweed you speak of! Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

After a couple of glitches while registering, I finally made it. I am more of a planted tanks guy, hoping to learn about reef keeping.

u can still get away!!! Only kidding...very addicting hobby ur learning bout!! Welcome...
B

you could tank your knowledge in FW and migrate to brackish water with mangroves, etc
I don't believe many of us do this type of tank but would seem like a natural progression for you

Welcome to BRS

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been reading through the site and there is some very valuable information here. I'd be nice if I could do 1 freshwater, 1 brackish and 1 marine tank, but I lack space in my apartment. I am thinking of putting together a 8 Gallon Nano, from picoaquariums.com, with a AI sol nano for lights. These are the only 2 things I have narrowed on for now. I'll open up a thread for opinions as i go along.

Back