New guy.....

vp6799

Non-member
Hey everyone, my name is victor and I currently have a fluval edge 6gal set up with fish and lr only. It's been running for almost 4 weeks and I already have the upgrade bug..lol. In the process of trying to clean up a used 37gal acrylic tank to be my new dt.

Vic

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome. I've had my fair share of freshwater tanks, but this is my first saltwater tank. So far I love it!!! Can't wait to get the 37gal cleaned up and setup. Just have to paint the living room and the hallway before setting it up, so I don't have to move it to paint later.

Vic

LOL, Got the tank all cleaned up and filled with water for the leak test. Then started to box up some stuff to make room for painting. Hope to start painting this weekend and have the tank setup by next weekend.

Vic

Heres some pics. There not the greatest. Camera is dead and can't find the charger. These were taken with my EVO 4G. The tank has only been running for about 5 weeks. I was going to build it up some more with LR but I got a 37 gal and was about to upgrade until a friend gave me a 50 gal tank. So now I'm in the process of leak testing it and then set it up after I paint the house.

Right now, there's 3 damsels, 1 turbo snail, and 1 camel shrimp (not 100% sure if it's a camel shrimp)

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here's a little update so far:

Since it's taken longer than I thought to actually get the walls prepped and painted in my house due to my work schedule, I started to do some little things to the nano fluval edge for now.

All the Damsels are gone and now the livestock is:

2 True Percula Clownfish
1 Camel Shrimp
1 Hermit Crab
6 Snails, 4 mexican turbo and 2 others (don't remember what they are)

Also upgraded the lights from the 2 led bulbs to 2 Coralife 50/50 bulbs (10,000K daylight and 420 Actinic)

Also added an MP10W ES

Here's some pics:

Tank with new lights (pics with old lights are in earlier posts):
IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0388.jpg

Hermit Crab:
IMAG0383.jpg

Camel Shrimp:
IMAG0349.jpg

2 True Percula Clowns:
IMAG0365.jpg

Thanks for the welcome. I've had my fair share of freshwater tanks, but this is my first saltwater tank. So far I love it!!! Can't wait to get the 37gal cleaned up and setup. Just have to paint the living room and the hallway before setting it up, so I don't have to move it to paint later.

Vic

37 gal footprint 30x12x23? May I suggest not making this a reef tank. Take my word for it. Somedays when cleaning I want to take a hammer to mine. When scaping I want take a hammer to it. When placing coral I want to.... You get the idea.
Getting anything off the sandbed requires me to be in to the armpit. Nevermind trying to light it... A single MH pendant was not an option (center brace), and I dont like 30" fixtures. Instead I got a 36" that overhands 3" on each side. Doesn't bother me but would bother most people.
I can't wait to swap out to a 40br... or anything shallower.

37 gal footprint 30x12x23? May I suggest not making this a reef tank. Take my word for it. Somedays when cleaning I want to take a hammer to mine. When scaping I want take a hammer to it. When placing coral I want to.... You get the idea.
Getting anything off the sandbed requires me to be in to the armpit. Nevermind trying to light it... A single MH pendant was not an option (center brace), and I dont like 30" fixtures. Instead I got a 36" that overhands 3" on each side. Doesn't bother me but would bother most people.
I can't wait to swap out to a 40br... or anything shallower.

The tank has changed. I ended up getting an Oceanic 46 gallon bow front. Just gotta wait for work to calm down a bit so I can finish painting the house to set it up.

Back