New member, intermediate reefer, Aqua Illumination hydra 52s

Bagdis831

Non-member
Hi guys I have been reefing for 3+ years now and by no means am I an expert. I started with a 29 gallon tank 3 years ago and out grew that in about a year. I then moved into a 75 gallon mixed reef with softies and lps under two acan 18" full spectrum led lights. Back in March after buying my gf a ring I convinced her I needed a bigger tank so I now have a 120 gal mixed reef mostly softies some lps and just got some rainbow bird nests off a fellow member over the weekend. I am not running 2 ai hydra 52's on a 48" rail kit supported by the standard legs (lights about 8 in above actual water line). I am just wondering if there is anyone else there with hydra 62 experience that can share their settings. I just want to make sure I'm not going to kill everything off. All advice is appreciated
!

Thanks!

Greg

Also wish I knew about this site years ago I would have saved thousands of dollars over the years. Live and learn, better late than never!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can upload after work tonight excited to have other people to share my obsession with. Did some work in my aquascaping yesterday so things might look unhappy butt we'lol see

c76336d8a3e2ab4f96bf9ee51958c594.jpg

Original setup

I run two Hydra twenty sixes over my 70 gallon here are my settings

W 35
V 70
DB 80
RB 80
G 70
UV 45

took me a while to find coloration that I liked. This has worked well for me for coral growth and health. I have a ramp time of 3 hours.
R 25
UV 45

Also does anyone have experience with the max spect gyre 150 I'm currently running that as my main circulation pump I have it on 6 out of ten in pulse mode. How are you guys running your gyre on a 48" tank?

Left side
ede8c8160bac232e063d8e3c6d7a49f2.jpg

Right side
09fe72d3b44adc034bf1bce5cc20cd8e.jpg

Looking down right side

f3cdcdacc86a63afcb0b4e47794d4044.jpg

Sorry about the blues all I have is my iPhone currently. Also I stagger my lights so the light on the right is 30 minutes ahead of the one on the left to simulate the sun rising earlier on part of the reef and setting later on the other side.

Thanks caps I kinda just went with what I could build. I used all the existing rock from my old 75 gal which had corals in different places. Still playing around with it aquascape actually moved the rock with all the anemones to the other side of the tank yesterday.

Thanks everyone I will be able to get pictures on the tank on Wednesday with the whites on.

Here is my sump running a carbon in a reactor and a eshopps s-200 cone skimmer

I run my lights for 12 hours but I have a three hour ramp time when the sun goes up or down so its not the whites and other colors running for 12 hours otherwise that could cause issues. On the controller I go to the global mode. Pick what ever location you desire. I ramp have a ramp time of 3 hours. Starting at 8 and ending at 8.

656955f1729efc33b5f006dbef7d25a6.jpg

Here's my set up for lights with maximum intensity shown at the top running from 11 to 9 daily and using the weather of the Red Sea in Egypt. Location and photoperiod are new used to run for 12 hours trying to see how this affects corals.

Nice setup! I love seeing lighting setups like this, I'm a huge fan of the black sand as well. Welcome to the club!

Back