FishyOne

Non-member
Hi everybody-I was really excited when I heard about your group. I am really looking forward to attending one of your meetings! Ive had fish for many years-now have a 120 gal Oceanic show tank with 3 fish-tomato clown, harlequin tusk and a radiata lion. The latter of the two whom I ordered over the internet. Also have a few hermits running around. I just lost my bud "Neil the Eel" who was a snowflake moray I had for ~6 years, he was only the size of a pencil when I got him-was around 2ft long at the end. Hes hanging out in my freezer now in a stop & shop bag awaiting burial, much to the horror of my guests looking for ice cream sandwiches. I am thinking of adding a sumatra magnificent foxface to my tank, as my fish guy had suggested maybe adding a foxface lo-so assuming it would have similar traits and care requirements. Looking forward to meeting fellow fish peeps! See you at the next meeting!

janine :)

WelcomeBRS.jpg

Hi Janine,
Welcome to the BRS! :)

Sorry to hear about your eel. That stinks. :( I'd love to see pics of your harlequin and lionfish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there and Welcome! Did you make it to Saturday's meeting? It was great :) we had a great speaker from Texas teach us about raising baby saltwater fish and the importance of doing so to try and protect the wild fish...
I forget what the next meeting is about... but they are always good. hope to see you there!

it looks like you have yet to be bit by the "coral bug" (feeling the intense need to collect and keep live coral)... I started out "fish only" that lasted all of... oh, a month! after being invited to another person's house and seeing what a reef tank looks like... I was forever hooked! not sure where you live... but you are welcome to swing by my house... I live on the NH border on the way to the salem fish stores :) most everyone in the club loves to have people over to see their tanks and setups :).. a good way to hand pick frags too!
brsanime.gif

in reply to Firefish

Hi-Ive thought about corals, and funny as it seems, I cant even keep a goldfish alive-although I seem to do alright with the saltwater fish. I guess between having aggressive fish in the past that would destroy corals and my lack of confidence with keeping them alive-Ive conveniently avoided it so far. I did put some low-light plants in, but when I had a clown trigger-they were shown no mercy and were reduced to stumps. I was unable to make this past meeting, but am hoping on going to the next one. My favorite place to go for fishy stuff is Seaworld in Salem, NH-just a quick jump up 93 from Arlington, MA (just north of Boston). Good to find people that are also interested in fish-my friends dont get it-they only love cute and fuzzy pets. Neil is still in my freezer, but thinking of taking him in a cooler up to my parents place this weekend to give him a proper burial-amen.

Back