New Product !!!!!!!!!

chew*

Murphy's Law
Just came back from John's at sea creature, He had been telling me about a new mod kit a few weeks ago for maxijets. Well it came in today. Construction/machining is superb, works on all maxijets 400,600,900, and 1200's, has 1600 gph flow and later a upgraded prop will be released for the 1200 to do IIRC 2400 gph. We must have turned it off and on 20 times and everytime is started up in the correct rotation ( it has a reverse stopper ). Takes literally 10 seconds top to complete the mod. Enough talk on with the pics.

newproduct%201.jpg

newproduct%203.jpg

newproduct%204.jpg

seems to me the oceanflow mod is bulkier and looks more like MJ mods.......no offense intended.....doesn't the oceanflow only work on 900's and 1200's?

IIRC oceanflow mods are no longer being made so don't hate, congratulate.

The mod kit is $29.99 however will need the magnet mod also.

Here's some more info

http://www.algaefree.com/sure_flow.html

Product will be widely available sometime in october.

Last edited:
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

DSCN0212Medium.jpg

DSCN0219Small.jpg

DSCN0215Small.jpg

not bulkier
it's got a reversing pin
don't know about the mj400 or mj600
they came up with a different holder :rolleyes:

Patrick still makes them.... drop him a PM... PHReef...
Customer service is second to none.

Oh, yea... I'm not insulted... just making a point

Agreed with Aquadiva...I have used Patricks mod and it is top notch. I'm sure this is a good product, its just unfortunate that it looks IDENTICAL to Pat's. I think PA has had these for a couple weeks already.

seems to me the oceanflow mod is bulkier and looks more like MJ mods.......no offense intended.....doesn't the oceanflow only work on 900's and 1200's?

IIRC oceanflow mods are no longer being made so don't hate, congratulate.

The mod kit is $29.99 however will need the magnet mod also.

Here's some more info

http://www.algaefree.com/sure_flow.html

Product will be widely available sometime in october.

Actually the oceanflo is slimmer and made of more sturdy PVC plastic. The funny thing I noticed was that I remember Pat saying that the manufacturer of that product talked with him at Macna when he was there about his product. The slimeballs could have at least offered him something for blatantly stealing his design. I personally wouldn't buy one just because of that.

BTW... that first pic I posted.... that bracket is attached to an algae free magnet. Patrick has been machining brackets to attach the oceanflo mod to the very same magnets. :rolleyes:

I considered buying the Oceanflo mods a while ago and the website said plain and simple not selling them anymore, and still does. I guess I never got the secret password you need to order.:) I decided against them for my main tank in the end anyway, but I would have at least one when I set up my frag tank a few months ago.

Hmm the mod i have seen is bulkier, maybe older? Whatever the case the product is good. They're basket around the prop has a solid part however that may contribute to it starting up correct rotation, They say to place it at the top so as to avoid sucking air.

Before you guys jump to conclusions however It's quite possible phreef sold the patent.

Last edited:
I considered buying the Oceanflo mods a while ago and the website said plain and simple not selling them anymore, and still does. I guess I never got the secret password you need to order.:) I decided against them for my main tank in the end anyway, but I would have at least one when I set up my frag tank a few months ago.

There was no secret password. Patrick had a medical emergency in his immediate family and had to put the project on hold because of it. I won't go into it anymore because it really is Pat's business and I don't want to say anything that he may not want repeated.

Could not agree more about a blatant rip off of Patrick’s design. Sure hope if there is no permission to duplicate Patrick has a copyrights or Pattern Pending certificate to show he actually designed this product. The same thing happened to me when I was younger. I designed & modified a hood for taking outside air in the winter & using that to cool walk in coolers. The guy patented the hood & sold it to Honeywell….Needless to say he is down in the Keys living fat!

pat's mods

If he didn't patent his product then shame on him.
If he did then he should take legal action.
However I got one today and it is similar,but not the same.
Shroud seems a little bigger ,and I really like this swivel mount.
I got the suregrip maxi magnet but should have went with the bigger one.
I got this kit with the maxi 900 and it flows more than my nano 6045.
I think I will get rid of my 6045 and get another of these.
It also has a beefy wide stopper for starting in the right direction everytime.

Hmm the mod i have seen is bulkier, maybe older? Whatever the case the product is good. They're basket around the prop has a solid part however that may contribute to it starting up correct rotation, They say to place it at the top so as to avoid sucking air.

Before you guys jump to conclusions however It's quite possible phreef sold the patent.

You may have seen the first prototypes which were longer. Pat wouldn't sell them that design. He is pretty passionate about it and wouldn't have let it come out like that.

jrmx635, you obviously don't know how long (and expensive) it is to patent something.

I PMd Patrick when I saw them on Premium Aquatics website. From his response, I can say he didn't do any such thing.

Patrick's is machined so if you orient the shroud correctly, it doesn't suck air. My point is simply that the algae free folk, pretty much copied Patrick's design, probably changing the shroud enough to avoid a lawsuit. I personally would rather give my business to someone local that is a member of the BRS. Just my two cents.

Back