New Product !!!!!!!!!

FWIW reefried i just took a peek at one of the eco systems mods, although nice and almost an exact copy more so of the ocean flow ( the basket around the impeller is slimmer than algae free's ) It has no stopper, therefore it's preety useless on a wavemaker. Other than that its great for constant flow.

From what the specs say on marinedepot it DOES have a "stopper" or anti-reverse flow technology as they call it...FWIW

i picked one up today very easy to put toghter has a lot of power has to much puwer for my 55 gallon it pushes the fish all over the place

From what the specs say on marinedepot it DOES have a "stopper" or anti-reverse flow technology as they call it...FWIW

FWIW It has "No Stopper" ( i actually played with one in person ) they all have anti reverse flow technology...........But when that technology fails the "Stopper" is a failsafe so that your fish doesn't become fish goo. You should really actually look at a product in person before believing claims from manufacturers.

chew, me and john looked at the eco at SC and it does have a small notch thats supposed to act as a stopper. Not as pronounced as the Algea free mod but none the less a stopper. the main difference i could see is that theres no bracket and the shroud is narrower than the AF mod.

Yah i looked at it to steve but its mechanical, and mechanical devices wear once worn out it will go in reverse and being that the notch is very small a wavemaker would wear it out quick.

The stopper style will eventually break the impeller, once broken kinda of hard to create a reverse flow, thus no fish goo.

An auto mechanics point of view........

It also lacks mounting hardware.

Last edited:
When i say stopper Steve i mean an actual plastic tab in the shroud to prevent the unit from ever going backwards ( etc stopping it ). No such plate exists in the shroud of the eco sytems mod, take a look at it again today ;) pay close attention to the shroud construction.

In a perfect world someone would install that shaft assembly in a mod with a stopper. Maybe someone will fine tune they're product.

Back