New to Boston

sagecx

Non-member
Hi there i just wanted to introduce myself. I have just recently moved to Boston from Seattle to continue my education here and left behind my 220g reef :( . I have about 5 years experience reefkeeping and cant let go of the hobby so I'm starting up a 60g cube. I am looking forward to meeting some of you at the next BRS meeting.

Oh also I live in the Brookline area and was hoping somebody could recommend some local fish stores that are ideally in the general Boston area.

welcome to brs... i am not sure of the fish stores, but when u get the tank running, WE LOVE PICS!!!

WelcomeBRS2.gif

Welcome!!! Closest store to Boston is Skipton's which is in Boston :D

Theres a bunch of people on here in the Brookline area (including me :) ) so if you need anything just holler

I will try to get some pics up once i get everything set up how i like it. Hopefully by the end of this week. It's pretty bare right now no fish and regretably only a few corals. Before i left Seattle i fragged a few of my favorite corals(lol a few turned into about 35 if you count types of zoas) and then sold/gave away the rest of the colonies. Then I had them packed up and flown up with me. Unfortunately the combination of a long airline delay and and a cracked tank that i had shipped up early lead to the survival of only about 7 of them :(. Lost basically everything but the zoas and suprisingly my duncans and 1 acan(figured the acan would have been the first to go) I know transporting corals is a longshot at best but i thought i had things well planned....lesson learned.

Anyways the survivors are looking better and tank has been up a month and holding parameters nicely. Will be adding some very nice rock i got from Marco soon and I will try to get pics along the way.

Oh I will be going to New England Law starting in a few weeks.

I'm just up the street on mission hill. Drop me a line if you need anything...

welcome to the boards & the area...You'll have to check out a meeting..(if you can between school) They are pretty cool.

Thanks Alan I'm sure i will have some questions once school starts. Let me know when you will be speaking at the school as well once you know.

As for the meeting this month i plan on attending just working out the transportation. Was wondering if anyone from the area carpools or would let me catch a ride with them, I will pay for the gas too :)

Welcome

Welcome to the Boston Reefers.
I'm Tom Barner otherwise known here as Oceanguy. I'm in the process of emptying a 220 reef tank as I am retiring and the tank is at my school. I have a couple of small fish and several corals that I'm getting rid of. Take a look at the Critters for sale. Some things will be free and some things at a very reasonable price. Let me know if you want anything.

Skipton's in Dorchester is a great place to buy things. I have also seen that Petco in Needham has a reefer's club member who is now taking care of their saltwater section and the things that I have bought there are great.

Send me an e mail if you are interested. I will be at school F.A. Day Middle School 21 Minot Place Newtonville, MA between 12 and 2:30 and possibly early Friday Morning

Hi there i just wanted to introduce myself. I have just recently moved to Boston from Seattle to continue my education here and left behind my 220g reef :( . I have about 5 years experience reefkeeping and cant let go of the hobby so I'm starting up a 60g cube. I am looking forward to meeting some of you at the next BRS meeting.

Oh also I live in the Brookline area and was hoping somebody could recommend some local fish stores that are ideally in the general Boston area.

Brookline resident as well. I'll be moving my reef to my new house in waltham this friday however if you wanna go sight seeing your welcomed to check out my reef. i'm off park st.
Good luck with your reef

-Anthony

Thanks oceanguy for the offer. I would have definetly jumped on it if I had checked the forums earlier. Glad to hear you got everything out quickly though.

I'm planning on heading down to skiptons this weekend sometime. Get a pair of clowns or something. I'm so used to seeing clowns in my tank that it just feels so empty without them so they are high on my list.

Back