New to the club

Blueflu1

The Acan Reaper!
Hello all,

I am new to the forums and was excited to find a great local club with active members. Everyone here seems very helpful and I am sure that I will be drawing off everyones knowledge fairly often

My wife and I have had tanks for about 8 years and a salt water tank for about 2 years. I currently have a mature FOWLR 46 bowfront with a clown, cardinal and blue damsel. I have kept it lightly stocked lately in anticipation of my upgrade.
I recently purchased a 90 gallon with a 30 gallon sump and it is still cycling. Luckily I have my 46 so I am not in a hurry to rush my 90. I plan on taking it slow and carefully picking my fish so that I can stock my tank with nice coral in the future. I just bought a 2x250 MH with T5's, so my lighting shouldn't really limit my coral choices hopefully.

I am already though saying "I shoulda gotten a 120".

Look forward to talking to you all in the future.
-Rob

WelcomeBRS.jpg

LOL... a few years... I bet about 5-6 months :) Only reason I haven't gotten a bigger tank is we can't fit it in our apt...

LOL... a few years... I bet about 5-6 months :) Only reason I haven't gotten a bigger tank is we can't fit it in our apt...

5-6 months might be accurate. My wife is into the tank too so I don't have to convince her. (she is actually testing the water as I type now) In fact, we went to the LFS just to look at the new tank I wanted and she was the one so said "Lets just buy it now". It was rather difficult to get a stand, sump and tank in a jeep Grand Cherokee with our 60 lb boxer in the car. He rode on her lap in the front seat for the 45 minute ride home. Was humorous.

lol. THanks. Thats my buddy, Bosco. I can never get him to wear anything but I was able to get him to wear my motorcycle glasses just long enough to take a pic.

Welcome to BRS! I love your avatar, too. (My dog won't wear anything either - not even a coat in the winter. He would rather run around and shiver.) Post some pics of your set-up when you get a chance. If you haven't figured it out yet, we all love pics. :p

lol. I will post some soon. we just re-aquascaped it and I still don't know if I like it. I took some rock out for a simpler look but I hope it is enough. I think once the Dry rock starts to look more natural then it will look good. It was the best look we found so we just decided to keep it like it was before we made it worse. lol. So hard to aquascape. Not like I can easily move things around once I have corals in there.
Ill get some pics up soon though. I just got my CUC in there so they have a little work to do first.

ok, you guys wanted pics. Here are a couple. Rockwork isn't spectacular. We wanted to go with simple I am just getting over my algae bloom, but there is still some in there.

full Tank shot

Attachments

• -tank full.jpg
    -tank full.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 196
my Clown who has been hosting my Xenia. It's just a couple stalks that I transferred over from the other tank where there is 30+

Attachments

• -CLOWN.jpg
    -CLOWN.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Here is a shot of my Coral Beauty, Clown and damsel. Surprised my cardinal isn't in the shot. He normally hangs out with the clown, or close by.

Attachments

• -tank.jpg
    -tank.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Back