New to the forum

NancyPichette

Non-member
Hi,
Just wanted to say hello to everyone.. I tried a few months ago to join but could never post or reply to any of the forums. The problem has been corrected so again Hello! and I'm happy to be here. I live in Auburn NH a little less than an hour north of Boston. Love Losterias on the north end, great Italian food.
As for aquariums I had 150 gallon saltwater about 15 years ago for a while but am now new to the hobby. I started a 14 gallon, 29 gallon and 20 gallon about 4 months ago. I did away with the 20 gallon and just started a 110 gallon. I love staring at the fish and corals it is so relaxing.
Nancy

photos

A few photos. I had to make them smaller so it took me a few minutes. Photos are of my 14 gallon and 29 gallon. My 110 has only been up for a few days but I used live sand, live rock from my other aquariums so it does have coral and a few fish in there but I haven't taken any photos of it yet.
Nancy

Attachments

• 14gl full shot.jpg
    14gl full shot.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 315
  • JBJ 29 Gallon.jpg
    JBJ 29 Gallon.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 293
  • picasso3.jpg
    picasso3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 280
  • picassoss.jpg
    picassoss.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 293
Hi,
Just wanted to say hello to everyone.. I tried a few months ago to join but could never post or reply to any of the forums. The problem has been corrected so again Hello! and I'm happy to be here. I live in Auburn NH a little less than an hour north of Boston. Love Losterias on the north end, great Italian food.
As for aquariums I had 150 gallon saltwater about 15 years ago for a while but am now new to the hobby. I started a 14 gallon, 29 gallon and 20 gallon about 4 months ago. I did away with the 20 gallon and just started a 110 gallon. I love staring at the fish and corals it is so relaxing.
Nancy

Welcome to the forum, Nancy...Up to a 110 already huh!!:D It's relaxing looking at the tank but when you have to spend crazy time pruning...That's another story...(I just finished some tank maitenance...I started at 4:30 pm...I just finished up...Man...this part of the hobby...I can do without)

Nice pics....We like pics...;)

Happy reefing....(or staring) & great to have you aboard...

B

Welcome! You'll find this the best source for info, frags, equipment, sponsors, friends, and an all around good time! Enjoy your stay!

Thanks guys, and Aquaman sounds like you had a long day. .. I've had a few problems with something bothering my zoas. I think it may be bristle worms so I took out the ones affected and gave them a dip. The last time I did that it seemed to help. I don't know the difference from the good bugs and the bad ones so for now they all have to go :)
Nancy

Welcome... Be sure to try to make it to the meeting Sunday Jan 25th (link and info at top of the page) it's in Saugus MA so it shouldn't be more than an hour from you...

Welcome Nancy, someday hopefully you can see Brian's tank (Aquaman). He has a beauty and well worth the maintenance time he spends on it! It looks like every bit of the time he puts in! ;) beautiful piccasso there as well, good luck with your new tank!

Yes hopefully someday I will see his :) and thanks . How much rock can I safely put in a 110 gallon? I had ordered 45 pounds from drs and then went to Hudson today and they are moving so had live rock on sale and I ended up with 100 lbs from there not to mention I already had 20-40 lbs in there already. I gave my daughter about 40 lbs and started up the 20 gallon again , I swear I have rock coming out my ears :)
Nancy

Thank you, I got them when they were pretty small and they are just now starting to darken. I've enjoyed watching them grow.
Nancy

Back