New to the hobby? Get help in a chat session

Moe_K

Stabbed by Foulke
Hello, and welcome newcomers.

The BRS will be running periodic chat sessions on the internet to help folks that are new to the hobby.
Do you have questions about how to get started, what size tank to get, what kind of lights to buy, etc?
Feel free to post those questions within this forum.

Another idea would be to log into a periodic BRS chat session (we'll post a link and times when finalized) and bring your questions.

I have run a few live newbie meetings. In those meeting I have found it is great having other veterans around, because there are several ways to do just about anything in this hobby. Getting confirmatory opinions or having other people offer alternative ideas makes for a better learning experience.

I will run the first "newbie chat." Here's how it will work...
I will introduce a few concepts and offer my experiences and opinions. Other hobby veterans are encouraged to log into the chat session and offer their input. Newbies are definitely encouraged to log into the chat session, and to bring their questions.
After the concept discussion, if your question was not answered, there will be a lengthy Q&A period. We'll take turns posting questions in the chat, and the people can respond to the questions.

Of course, this chat will be free.

The first of these newbie chat sessions is scheduled for Saturday night (tomorrow 12Apr2008) at 2100 hrs (that's 9:00 pm). I'll post the link to the chat sometime this evening.

Veterans and newbies alike: Please post in this thread if you're interested in participating.

Oh, one more note.
If Sunday or Monday night would work better for you folks, let me know.

Sounds great...will check in and ask all these burning questions that so desperately need answering:D....seriously, will take advantage, thanks.
Brian

I hopeully can make it, really looking forward to it. PS the clowns in the QT are doing great thanks for your help the other day.

Bill

Very cool idea! So how did it all work out? I think this is a great way to get the n00bs to feel more comfortable.

I thought it was really cool but found the interface to be a bit slow. There was a slight delay between when you hit the keys and when the text appeared. It wasn't much, maybe a fraction of a second, but it would accumulate. No one else said they had that problem, but I can't imagine it was my connection (cable modem).

Back