Newbie Here

Reefrock

Non-member
Hello, I'm about 4 months along with my first marine tank in Norwood, MA. I don't have really any friends in the hobby but have wanted my own reef for about 10 years before finally being in a position to pull the trigger. Anyone local looking to sell frags/equipment keep me in mind.

I went with a RS Reefer 250, Bubble Magus D8 skimmer, (1) Kessil 360we, (2) Kessil 160we, (1) Gyre 130 and a Reef Octopus Vario s4 for flow. Rigged/Hang on refugium to sump. Live Sand, Dry Caribsea Life Rock.

I may have gotten a little agressive stocking w/ a couple of larger pieces of LPS but otherwise going fairly slow. Currently (6) Fish. (1) Davinci Clown, (1) Darwin Misbar Clown, (1) 6 Line Wrasse, (1) Orchid Dottyback and (2) Saphire Damsels. All getting along well, I was a bit worried about the damsels but they're fine.

Aside from not really digging the Life Rock I think I'm making pretty good headway. H2O Parmeters are good, Zero's across the board, 400 Calcium, 11/12 DKH, Mag 1220. Just added a dosing pump for 2 part since my DKH was crashing pretty quickly after water changes but it doesn't take much just yet.

My pics will not upload due to size. Will try getting some this evening.

Welcome! You've found a great community that's a big help with enjoying the hobby.

I hope you can make it out to the meeting in September.

Welcome to BRS, and to the wonderful addiction of a reef tank! You will have to attend meetings when you can. They are a great way to meet fellow reefers and pick up cheap frags ☺

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Welcome! Those reefer tanks are great, wish they had those a few years back when I bought my Red Sea s series. I ended up replacing everything that came with it. Big fan of kessils too. Post some pics!

Thanks all, I've been trying to get up to Love the Reef so maybe I'll wrap that trip into the Peabody meeting and kill 2 birds. Will work on Pics this weekend.

Back