Newbie here and ready to learn this great hobby

Goby1974

Non-member
I'm currently running a Deep Blue 30 gallon rimless and stand (1.5 months) It comes drilled and I have 14 gallon ehopps wet/dry sump, and heater. I'm running a 500 gph pump that branches off 3 ways to a CPR large refugium, to a 9 watt coral life UV sterilizer, and return to tank. All runs are controlled by individual valves and longest run is the return to tank about 30". I'm running a mini 115 skimmer and one hydor 550 wave maker. My lighting is an Aqua Ray 60 over tank and a 9watt over refugium. I have about 30 lbs of live sand, 40 lbs of live rock, one clown (had pair but lost one), black spotted yellow puffer and a horse shoe crab. This tank has been hell but it's finally on track. I lost a few fish, and inverts but won't add anything for a while.

I also have a 8 gallon Jalli cube on custom white stand running for about 3 weeks with a clown and a mandarin goby, and one really small hermit crab. Has about 10lbs of live sand and 12 lbs of live rock. Tank has HOB filter (Fluval C3 soon to get IPES Aquatop filter with UV and skimmer), heater, hydor 425 gph wave maker, and an eheim 50/50 led. Tank is almost cycled.

Lastly I have a custom 1 gallon cube w/oveflow intake and return on custom stand with 3/4 gallon sump. It's been running for 3 weeks now. I'm running a rio 400 return pump. Has a few lbs of live sand and live rock and two small hermit crabs. I need lighting ideas as I just have a small led light on it. The tank is almost cycled so not sure what to put in it.

I'm very excited to take part in this great hobby and can't wait to be an expert like most of you. Thank you for allowing me to join!!! image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 762
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 766
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 748
Welcome to the BRS! Glad to have you aboard. Don't miss the auction on Saturday there will be coral and equipment for short money.^^^^^^^^

Welcome and very nice looking tanks. Loving the 1 gallon tank.

Make sure you are adding copepods and amphipods or else your mandarin will starve. Your tanks are too young to have a mature copepod population yet.

Thanks the Mandarin is in a 30 gal with refugium and tons of copepods. Thanks for the advice!

Back