jweisman54

Non-member
Hi, I am Joyce from Stoughton. I recently purchased a Red Sea Max 250 which is a 65 gallon reef tank.

I have been trying to upload pictures of it, but can't seem to figure out how to do that yet.

I have 75-80 lbs. of live rock, 60 lbs, of live sand, added several bottles of live bacteria.
Currently have 2 clowns, 1 peppermint shrimp, and snails. The tank seems to be cycled as I am in the diatom stage. Had the water checked at Lovely's and they told me that it seemed to be cycled.

I was wondering when I can add coral and other fish. Which type of corals would be best and want type of fish.

Welcome to BRS!! What lights come on the red sea tanks? How long has it been set up? Is there certain corals you like? ie. Sps, Lps, softes.

Sometime with the pictures they need to be re saved because I have issues with files straight from camera or phone.

Welcome Joyce! I would suggest also saving the pictures to your computer first. I however use photobucket to host my pictures, as I can post more pictures at once. If you check at the top of the photography forum, you will find instructions on exactly how to post pictures by both methods described here.

I am running the smaller RSM tank, and am mid-cycle, but know a fair amount about it, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Which lighting system are you running? As this will determine which corals you can go after in the tank. How long has the tank been set up?

Again, welcome! You will realize very quickly that this is a very informative and interesting group...especially if you come to the meetings!

Cheers
...Skeeter...

Where did you get the Red Sea, and what did you pay? I am considering the 130D, and am curious how an all in one pre-packaged setup fares compared to a custom build.

I bought it at Tropic Isle, not my favorite place. I paid a total of @$1,700 for the whole system which includes the cabinet. The prices are pretty competitive to what I paid on line.

I have an extra brand new cabinet that I bought from them for sale. It is in the box never used, paid $279 from them. Will sell for $175.

In trying to put together components it comes out to about the same amount of money and everything is built in behind the tank. There is 1 wire coming out to plug into the wall. Everything is connected inside. It is a good system. Red Sea is really good to work with. I had a noisy pump and they replaced all three. I have not started running the skimmer yet as it has only been 2 1/2 weeks since it was set up, but it is cycled already. I wish I could upload my picture but for some reason the uploader won't accept my picture. I have about 85 lbs of live rock in there with live sand. I do have diatoms now which is part of the cycle. I am not using RODi water and was told by Lovely Pets that they have never used it in the 25 years that they have been in business.

Welcome Joyce! It's nice to see someone close by, I live near the Brockton/Stoughton border. Let me know if you ever need anything. It's good to have someone close by if disaster strikes.

Back