Old Reefer needs help.... it's been awhile ! Need to buy a new tank..

cobraz

Zoa Pirate
Well as some of you may see the name and say - oh my god he's back !
Ya, old habits don't die they just sleep for awhile...LOL

Anyway - here's the controversial question of the day " With NanoCustoms or NanoTuners gone".
What is the best 28-30 Gallon Nano tank with L.E.D. Lights and a configurable refugium.

My two tanks were a Oceanic 140 with Sump, protein skimmer...etc.
The other was a Modified to the "Hilton" 28 Gallon BioCube with 4 Ts for lighting- Custom Sump and Refugium.

I want an all in one - but I would like the best bang for the buck...

Ok let the comments fly... Thanks Guys in advance.

Welcome back, We bought some of your coral when you were breaking down. Sorry I have no opinions on tanks.

For me, it has to be an Elos. :D
Take a look at the DSA rimless. I've seen a couple at the LFS up North and was quite impressed.

As far as AIO goes, I think the Solana is the best if you can still find one, 34g 20"cube with a great and huge rear section. Elos are top notch too though even though not AIO.

Welcome back, We bought some of your coral when you were breaking down. Sorry I have no opinions on tanks.
Hi Michelle..Thanks maybe I will look you up soon for a couple of frags.

For me, it has to be an Elos. :D
Take a look at the DSA rimless. I've seen a couple at the LFS up North and was quite impressed.
Thanks ...

As far as AIO goes, I think the Solana is the best if you can still find one, 34g 20"cube with a great and huge rear section. Elos are top notch too though even though not AIO.
Yep...seen them Thanks

uh oh...the Zoa Pirate is back !!!

Good to see you back, Jerry.

Let me know if I can help you out at all...

Not much has changed in the AIO dept....not much that is really all that great. How about make one, out of a regular tank. I have seen a few designs that are pretty sweet...We have been tossing around the idea of pre-fabbing some 40 gallon Breeders as AIO...

OMG! see who is back!
Welcome back

You guys kill me... How are you all.... :)

uh oh...the Zoa Pirate is back !!!

Good to see you back, Jerry.

Let me know if I can help you out at all...

Not much has changed in the AIO dept....not much that is really all that great. How about make one, out of a regular tank. I have seen a few designs that are pretty sweet...We have been tossing around the idea of pre-fabbing some 40 gallon Breeders as AIO...

Hi B... looking at the Marineland 60 Gallon RR cube 24x24x24... arm pit wetter though..LOL
May have to go with custom sump though .. cabinet is slightly small and not 24" inside.
Don't want to go rimless ... like a cover on the bad boy... any thoughts on this.

Last edited:
Once you have the bug you never can shake it off. Funny how I was just looking at your old 29 gallon nano in storage blowing the dust off the cover with sump, lighting, refugium, LED's and even the sand. I'm not going to set it up. Tho I'll be back one day when the fish room is built. We'll be talking soon.

Once you have the bug you never can shake it off. Funny how I was just looking at your old 29 gallon nano in storage blowing the dust off the cover with sump, lighting, refugium, LED's and even the sand. I'm not going to set it up. Tho I'll be back one day when the fish room is built. We'll be talking soon.

Yup... that could work too... miss her. Give me a price.

wow...Leroy and Jerry...!!! good to see you guys are still out here...

Jerry, I hate the overflow on that ML...buy it non reef ready and drill it and put a glass-holes.com overflow on it. Personally I would go rimless and put a screen over on it. (DB 'RR' 60 cube) Unless it is evaporation you are concerned about...

Went with a SC Aquariums 50 Gallon cube with Refugium and Skimmer package - should be here in a week.
Thanks B and everyone on their thoughts.

Now to get her cycled - Next steps.
I will document the process here.. but the title says 60 and it's a 50.
http://jerrydub7.wix.com/60-gallon-tank-build

Last edited:
Back