ORA Blue Mandarin scheduled availibility...

pallobi

Neal
Jus thought i would share for anyone who is interested in these tank bred beauties, who will also be available in pairs... I received an email from Jason at ORA farms this morning concerning an inquiry I sent him recently... the Blue Mandarin will be ready for shipping in about 7 to 9 weeks, early to mid June... jus a FYI for anyone whom this may peak interest for...

I hope to get a pair myself :)

I wouldn't mind a pair different colors tho like a green male and a red're female I wonder what else are going for?

i should also note, i am not sure they will have pairs available, jus wishful thinking on my part in that regards...

also, these fish do not work if not in a male/female pair (wild caught or captive bred) that is matched species... meaning a green spot will not tolerate a blue/red, and vice versa... to the best of my knowledge...

wil u be purhcasing from them directly or througha LFS? i wasnt aware that they would sell to individuals

So,are these fish able to live on fish food?
Or will they starve without a good supply of pods to eat?

ORA is strictly a wholesale farmer, any purchase for any product needs to be done through a retailer of some sort... the fish are captive bred and raised for 1 year and come eating pellets, frozen, etc... I would imagine they will eat pods as well... it is wild caught ones that are extremely hard to get to eat anything but pods, and will in fact slowly starve without and endless supply of pods... you basically have to start out with thousands, literally, thousands of pods in your system if you are ever to introduce a wild caught speciman...

this is the reason i will not purchase a wild caught one as my system is not setup to grow that number of pods... so i look to try my hand at a captive bred (or two)... it is my understanding that the survival rate improves ten-fold with the captive bred, given your husbandry and feeding regime is up to par... these fish have an extremely high metabolism, and require alot of small feedings as opposed to one or two large ones a day... kinda like anthias... wild caught or captive bred...

Back