ORA Blue Mandarin

I think he as less than 2 inches long when I got him. He hasn't grown much over the past month but he does look health and full.

Hay Eric: Do you have any other fish with this blue mandarin in your tank? I have an ORA spotted mandarin with my ORA blue mandarin in the same tank, and mine, while very plump, does not seem to grow at all in length. In fact, the spotted is huge (2 inches), while this blue one is relatively small...just maybe one inch and thick. I called ORA and asked them if they also see this in their blues, and the lady there, Laura, confirmed this. She said the females are even smaller because they are busy making eggs, so putting even less energy into growing. She also suspect that my blue mandarin is staying deliberately small to maintain peace and not be attacked by my larger ORA spotted mandarin in the same tank. Can this be? Do mandarins have this ability to stay small to avoid aggression?

On another note, Laura said she can send me a female to go with my blue male if I wanted it. I dont know if I really want to go down the breeding route...seems too hard. mike

I have a total of 4 fish in my tank, 2 O.Clowns, 1 Lawnmower Blenny, and the ORA Blue Mandarin.

Here are some pics of my ORA blue mandarin

I have had this guy since summer of 2010. He is in the 20 L with my ORA green spotted mandarin. mike

Attachments

• m_DSC_0184_nikon.jpg
    m_DSC_0184_nikon.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 273
  • m_DSC_0182_nikon.jpg
    m_DSC_0182_nikon.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 257
  • m_DSC_0186_nikon.jpg
    m_DSC_0186_nikon.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 255
  • m_DSC_0083_nikon.jpg
    m_DSC_0083_nikon.jpg