Penductor pooled order

clamm said:
btw...whats the damage?

Each penductor was $18.75 (quantity discount and free shipping).
Each set of loc-line adapters was $3.84, including shipping ($19.20 for 5 sets).

Here's the final list with prices:

Nunofs
: 2 penductors, 3/4" female threads, black + 2 loc-line "double socket" + 2 loc-line "MPT adapter" : $45.18
Reef55: 2 penductors, 3/4" male threaded, blue : $37.50
Clamm: 1 penductor, 3/4" female threads, black + 1 loc-line "double socket" + 1 loc-line "MPT adapter" : $22.59
Reefermedic: 2 penductors, 3/4" female threads, black + 2 loc-line "double socket" + 2 loc-line "MPT adapter" : $45.18
Scarab: 2 penductors, 3/4" male threaded, black : $37.50
Shallowwaters: 2 penductors, 3/4" male threaded, black : $37.50
Yaktop: 2 penductors, 3/4" male threaded, black : $37.50

Nuno

Last edited:
WOW - what a difference. great flow. these things are better than anything else I've tried to get more flow. put them on my sea swirls and worried more about blasting some of the corals to much once I saw them. everything is happier than before.

thanks nunofs for doing this. I'm a believer. :D

how narrow / wide is the flow coming out of it? it is more like a Tunze (wide) or a Maxijet without the nozzle (narrow)?

not to bad at all. for lack of a better way to say it sort a compromise and in the middle. happy with results and the cost :D

I put both of mine on my seaswirls... OMG does that create some insane flow!! Thanks Nuno!!

No problem guys, I'm glad everyone is happy with the penductors!

Armando said:
how narrow / wide is the flow coming out of it? it is more like a Tunze (wide) or a Maxijet without the nozzle (narrow)?

It's very narrow near the penductor but opens up really quickly to a wide flow... that's the best was I can describe it.

Nuno

Me too! I couldn't wait to get home and install them on Saturday. I said, honey, you gotta take the kids, cause I gotta install my new reef toy right now. WOW! Absolutely an ingenious device. My SeaSwirls, run by an Iwaki 100 with 1900 GPH, exploded water out of my tank. I'm lucky the fish stayed in the reef. :) I'm running my return at 1/2 throttle now which is something like 700 GPH input flow after head pressure loss. AND I took out all power heads and my RedSea WaveMaker.

I had to lower one of the SeaSwirl outlets four inches with some PVC just to avoid the two SeaSwirls from directing their flow together and sweeping corals off the rocks.

Even at 1/2 throttle, I still have sand piliing up on spots. I suspect my high-pressure makes these things go gonzo.

As Yaktop said, all corals are happier. Particularly a turbinaria, a horrida, and even my favia's responded to the forceful, but even more diffused flow. Wow, what a great $37 bucks.

Thanks Nuno.

Shallowwaters said:
Nuno, I paid you only $37 and see now that you got shorted at least $.50. I owe a cup of coffee.

LOL! Don't worry about it... what's 50c when you consider the "big picture" (read "budget for a reef") ;)

Nuno

nuno, any idea if these wear out non pressure rated pumps? seems increasing head pressure could burn them out, any worries of this since you aren't running a pressure rated pump (either am I)? Have you found yours runs warmer? Any concerns?

I didn't notice any increase in heat in my pump, but it runs very hot anyway so I'm not sure I'd notice... I figure the penductor is just like putting any other restriction on the output, like a ballvalve or narrower pipe... so the way I see it, you're basically moving along the flow curve towards the higher head end, don't think this is an issue -- but I'm not sure.

One thing I did notice is that the increased pressure in the pipes may reveal some tiny leaks that you hadn't noticed before (or they weren't there at all before due to less pressure)... after adding my penductor, the ballvalve close to the pump sprouted a leak -- tightening it a bit more solved the problem.

Nuno

For those of you attaching these to the end of lock line doe you find the loc line leaks a lot?

jAKE said:
For those of you attaching these to the end of lock line doe you find the loc line leaks a lot?

My loc line is fine but if you really try to bend it to extreme i have noticed a tiny jet sprayed out from between the segments,i just bent it back a little and it was fine.

jake, mine doesnt leak but I noticed a few peices fit really loose and others very tight, but if it doesnt leak, no big deal.

Back