"Penductor" vs. Maxi Mod??

Gina,

3/4 pipe is a pretty big thread, not sure they are intended for powerhead use, looks like its more for a return pump.

Jim

They're two totally different things Gina. A maximod fits on an 18w powerhead in the tank and gives a few thousand gallons of flow.

A penductor threads onto a PVC outlet from a 150 watt return pump or closed loop pump, and it requires a pressure rated pump with about 1000 gph or more of open flow. It decreases the flow from the sump by about half, but roughly triples the turnover in the tank (by drawing tank water in the sides of the nozzle, and expelling them in a wide turbulent pattern that will carry 4, 5, 6 feet across a tank.

Penductors are awesome if you have a pressure rated return pump, but if you just want flow in the tank, a maximod is probably a better answer.

i run them on the return on my koi pond they work great. but one down fall of them is if they are to close to the surface they get pretty noisy. but they due produce alot of flow. but like nate said mj mod would be the better choice. i run about 4000 gph through mine and if you lift it to the surface i will shoot a stream of water 25 to 30 feet.

Back