Reef Deal Petco.com

AlbertG

(BadPapi)
2016-08-31 13.54.32.png

Is at petco.com but the store will price match .

I don't see it on store at a local petco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got 5 cases at my local petco .
All you do print the picture and bring to them they will price match

I bought 3 of the these last week I thought this was normal? I would have posted.

Local Petco s have stacks of these but ive never seen anyone buying them before. It's just sea water, no?

It says its just sea water from the pacific thats been filtered. I've been looking into it to see how others like it and the only complaint is that it's a little expensive but with the 40% off deal and the convenience of not having to mix salt I figured I'll give it a try.

On the box it says that it's supposed to be cheaper because you don't need to put in any additives. I did a 10 gallon water change on my 30 gallon breeder corals seem to like it a little better but i'm not convinced just yet.

I know some folks the only use this water with great results again I like cheap so I try mixing my own water at home ,
I got it for my small tank because of the special and I cant really make to much mess at my office .
I get 5 cs wich should last me about 3 month if I do 15% wc on a 20 gallon tank every other week.
again at $11.99 a case I don't think I will be buying it. but at $7.19 and I got A extra $ 5 dollar back on my Petco rewards card total to spend on my next purchase was a non brainer

For starters, this deal is still available online and the stores down my way (Taunton and Dartmouth) will both price match. I've never seen anyone buying it, but all of my stores have tons of it. The staff remembers me and I'm not in all the time, so I'm guessing they're not selling like hot cakes.

Also, I use this stuff almost exclusively on my 26 as it's small enough to be cheap/easy. I've had great success with my livestock, and I only added my first coral (a tiny Zoa frag) this weekend, but it was about 90% open within an hour and I have cheapo LEDs and HOB filtration. My skunk cleaner has been molting beautifully on a regular basis, and I've had no problem with new additions (fish or inverts). The only thing I've noticed is the the specific gravity is on the higher end (about 1.026 or a little higher) so on a small tank if you don't keep up with evap. it can get up there pretty quickly. I usually add a small amount of fresh RO water during my water changes in addition to top-offs. just to keep it between 1.024-1.025. I tested a sample fresh out of the box and yielded 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, and trace Nitrate (using API kit which makes it hard to tell what the actual nitrate reading is on the lower end).

Last edited:
Back