Petco.com

pjed99

Yes I went ahead and did it....I ordered a live shipment from Petco.com! I was hesitant but with the 14 day guarantee and the free shipping for orders over $175 I said what the hell. All the fish I received are amazing looking. I got a poweder blue, some anthias', ect... I also got a piece of green brain coral for $24(the lowest price one) and the piece I got is amazing. It is about the size of a softball. Actually a little bigger. The fish are ten times better looking than the ones at my local petco store. They dont have that great of a selection but I talked to a representative from petco.com and he said if people want to send in recommendations of what they should carry(aquaticorders@petco.com ---the guys name was Rene), to do so and they will see if they can get it on the list. Their prices are competitive and actually cheaper online than at a store. I would put this experience right up there with any vendor I have used in the past. They are easy to reach and customer service is great. I talked to them 2 times and was on hold for about 30 seconds combined both times. The guy (Rene) that I talked to on the phone actually had like a 5 minute conversation about flame angels with me and he was telling me about the tank he has at home. He didnt try to upsale me or talk about promotions. It was nice for a change.
Mark

Petco

Edit by Greg H.

Removed hearsay.

I had purchased rom the store itself and had bad luck. I have been ordering from [another online vendor] and [another online vendor]. Now you have me thinking about ordering some coral from Petco. Thanks for ur info

Last edited by a moderator:
Removed hearsay.

I had purchased rom the store itself and had bad luck. I have been ordering from [another online vendor] and [another online vendor]. Now you have me thinking about ordering some coral from Petco. Thanks for ur info

The guy I spoke to was very honest and he told me he they had some "kinks" in the system that they believe they have worked out. He didnt go into specifics about what the problems were but dead fish might have been an issue. From talking to him, I got the idea that if something arrived that you were not happy with they would send you another for free with no hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Thursday I bought a purple tang and a Koran Angel. So far so good. They are eating great and look great. The Koran Angel has the most beautiful colors. Like I said so far so good! Happy with my purchases.

Everything is great. The guy who I talked to I wrote an email thanking him and asked him about some fish and also we got talking about anemones and he said the vendor has nice ones. So in my email I asked if he would put some of the carpet anemones on the site. He responded to me with an email saying he wanted to thank me for my order and he is sending me a carpet for free. I was very thankful but had no clue what was coming. He sent me a 15 inch electric green carpet anemone (it is amazing looking and huge) for absolutely nothing. I cant believe the customer service I have received from petco.com and I am not saying that because I got a free item. I got the anemone on Thursday and yesterday he called me asking me if everything was alright. This company is such a different company than at the store. I went to my local petco and they just got fish in that day so I wasnt afraid to buy them and there was no one in sight to help me. Then a guy came over to me and told me that the person in fish was on break. THEN THE GUY WALKED AWAY. I was so mad I swear I will never go to that store again. The online site is amazing though. Highly recommended! Oh and by the way the fish I received look amazing. They are all eating like pigs and very healthy.

Back